Auto-X ?'s...

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Soon2Bneon
Local Neon Owner

Auto-X ?'s...

Post by Soon2Bneon »

K so my dad said i should start asking you guys about this stuff since i might get into it... if i like it better than going straight and fast...

1. Why are the cones knocked over??? are they saying go that way or giving directions??? (i'm just guessing)

2. How long are the tracks usually?

3. Are they always on pavement? or do they do them in the mud too??? (rally style?)

4. How many different divisions are there and what makes them different if any?
They don't give a fuck about you!
Crimethinc.com
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

1. Those are pointer comes, they are there to show you what direction to go.

2. I don't know exact track distances, but it usually takes around a minute to navigate through the courses they use around here.

3. Auto-X is on pavement, Rally-X is on dirt/mud. I'm not sure of any Rally-X near Cincinnati (not sure where you are).

4. SCCA has Solo II and Pro Solo. Solo II is normal Auto-X, where Pro solo is two cars running simultaniously on twin mirror-image courses with a drag-style start. In addition to SCCA, Cincinnati also has CSCC (Cincinnati Sports Car Club) Auto-X which is pretty much the same. They use SCCA rules, and you will even find the exact same people running tech at SCCA and CSCC events.

http://cincyscca.com/

http://cincyautox.org/
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
TConsciousStream
Local Neon Owner

Post by TConsciousStream »

simple rules work like this...

A simple cone by itself { /\ } lets say at the end of a long straightaway, would be a pivot cone, basically find your best way around it and head back the way you came...

A cone with another cone laying at its side means past the cone on the left/right { >/\ } means to go to the right of the cone { /\< } means go to the left...

cones in succession such as { >>>> } designate a sweeping turn of 90 deg or more.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

^^^ Thank you for going deeper into that, I didn't know all the specifics on that one.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!