so this guy I work with....

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Vinny
Admin

so this guy I work with....

Post by Vinny »

So this IT guy from my work bought this Mercedes Benz. I have to say, it is one of the weirder ones I have seen lately. Here's the run down:

1985 Mecedes Benz 280TE AMG
approx 36k miles
grey market - different headlights w/ wipers, bumpers, and rear fog lamp
AMG package - body kit, old-school 16" AMG/Ronal R9s
old-school leather Recaro power buckets

and the kicker....

Powered by a small block Chevy (350)!!! Apparently the swap was done using some sort of modified V8 BMW engine mounts, it uses a TH350 tranny with a custom driveshaft going to a 4.10 gear MB live axle rear end. The car even has working A/C. I've seen it at Performance Alignment years ago, never knew what it had. Searching the internet I cannot find evidence of another W123-chassis MB with an American V8 anywhere. Supposedly this is one of only six 1985 280TE AMGs in existence, and the only one in the US.

Yeah no motor shot yet, haven't had a free moment for us both to go out there and open it up. I know the guys not bullshittin' me, the dual 2.5" pipes stuffed under it are a good indication of that.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

that is sweet. i love wagons, especially sneaky surprise wagons!
just remember, killer is sneaky... and, he hates you.
TConsciousStream
Local Neon Owner

Post by TConsciousStream »

I'm not usually suprised by anything that says AMG on it :) (and I mean that in a good way)