Might have found a new beater

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Vinny
Admin

Might have found a new beater

Post by Vinny »

Found a '96 ACR coupe posted on the .org, It's just south of Indy and needs a tranny.

Any Cincy heads feel like rolling out there tomorrow to look at it? I'll buy gas and food if someone drives. :)
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

Re: Might have found a new beater

Post by KB9QDI »

Vinny wrote:Found a '96 ACR coupe posted on the .org, It's just south of Indy and needs a tranny.

Any Cincy heads feel like rolling out there tomorrow to look at it? I'll buy gas and food if someone drives. :)
Road Trip!

DAMN....your getting off easy too.....Gas will only be $20 or so and with me having Gastric Bypass ya know I can't eat shit!

More Pic's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/kb9qdi

OLD: 04 SXT Sold
NEW: 06 TJ X
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Hmm... gas and food eh?

:lol:
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Joe and I are heading up there in the morning to peep it. I guess it's black with a flat black hood, has the complete interior from a '99 Highline in it with brand new carpet. Has typical dents and dings, but it's basically a stock unmolested car thats spent its 93k as a commuter. Only other bad thing is that the headgasket is leaking, although the guy says it's still cool to drive one it gets a tranny.

That'll be so wierd if I end up with 2 black ACRs, gotta stay true to the black Neon posse. :) I'll let you guys know what we find.

Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Awesome!

Looks like it'll be Chris' standards :lol:
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
fusion210
Local Neon Owner

Post by fusion210 »

Diablo0 wrote:Awesome!

Looks like it'll be Chris' standards :lol:
It would be with a fixed head gasket! Mechanical problems are not my bag, cosmetic issues are!

GL on the car hunt, hope it turn up as said. Remember to bitch and get a few bucks off of it, even if you already did bitch over email/whathaveyou.
Chris
No neon for garage, is a 1999 dohc like a 1995 sohc if girl drives? Or is 1998 if man drives to track r/t?
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

Road Trip Pictures

Post by KB9QDI »

So Vin and I cruise up to Columbus,Indiana today in my SXT to peep out this ACR. About 20 min's outside of Columbus we run into a fuckin road closed detour. So 40 miles later we finaly get to Columbus and check out the ACR. So when we leave the dude gives us directions back and tells us it's cool to go around the road closed signs cause they still leave the road open to locals that live on it so they can get home. He said there just making the road wider for better flow of traffic......Yea Fuckin Right!!! Check out the link for the 4x4 action the SXT incountered!!! Yes folks, Joe's super clean car got dirty as fuck as I was too stubborn to turn arround and go back the way we came,risking a fat ass ticket I mite add. We drove on this dirt/Mud road with monster ruts for almost a mile before getting back to pavement!

Oh well...2 hours later after I got home my baby was clean again!

http://home.fuse.net/kb9qdi/Road%20Trip.htm

Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Yeah I think I'm gonna pass on this ACR. It just needs too much work to get it up to my daily driver standards and I don't think it is really worth the money. He was definitely implying that he wasn't too willing to work on the price. For as much stuff as it needs I might as well just fix up my Honda some and spend less money.

Was one hell of an adventure! Thanks again for being wheelman Joe.

Epitaphrox
Local Neon Owner

Well....

Post by Epitaphrox »

16 miles from columbus, indiana you couldve checked out mine while you were down here... its still for sale - $300.
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

Post by KB9QDI »

What do you have? Problems? Run?

Joe