Introduce yourself!

Welcome to TristateNeons.org, tell us a little about yourself and your Neon.
Epitaphrox
Local Neon Owner

Hi...

Post by Epitaphrox »

Hi my names Terry, i live in nashville and columbus indiana... i drive a 1996 dodge neon 2.0L SOHC most mods will be during winter in a rented garage....yeah small town...anyway i have new parts on the way from ebay...my cars in the for sale section.... i will post pix on cardomain.com...user names the same...i call my car "Neener" and soon i will get a banner across the windsheild saying " neener neener neener!!!!!"(don't steal that all you haters!)

Neons are such great cars...but i must admit my 1st car was a 1991 ford taurus GL with a used NASCAR engine in it...(SVO) it had over 250 hp... so going from that into 132 hp... sux...well the taurus is wrecked but it was called "Cli" cuz if you put it infront of taurus you'll get the idea (Clitaurus) duh....

k well thats me... c-ya on the street...

P.S. Name your car it wants to be named...it won't die as often i promise....
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Not to be an ass, but your Taurus didn't have anything to do with NASCAR or SVO. Sounds more likely that you had a Taurus GL with an SHO motor, which was rated at 225hp at the crank, not 250.

NASCAR engines are 358cid pushrod V8s. To put one of those in a streetable Taurus would be virtually impossible. Likewise, an "SVO engine" would generally be the 2.3L turbo 4cyl used in the 1984-1986 Mustang SVO (as well as Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and merkur XR4Ti) and afaik that engine was never used in a FWD platform.

Not trying to flame, I just don't want to see you look like like an idiot if you tell somone else that. Welome to the site!
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Spazz
Local Neon Owner

Post by Spazz »

Hey everyone.

Name's Chris and I'm in Indy (south side of Indianapolis, near the Greenwood area). Decided to get myself a '04 SXT for my birthday.

Been driving fast cars since before I even got my license. Started with a 95 MR-2 before my I let my friend drive it, wrapped it around a telephone pole, and I just recently had my RX-7 (93 FD3S). Let my mom borrow it for the weekend while I was gone and she decided to go driving in the rain. Floored it around a turn, springs compressed, she hit a pothole, then she hit a tree. She's fine, car's totalled (grrr).

Looking forward to getting into the Neon community around here.
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

Spazz wrote:Been driving fast cars since before I even got my license. Started with a 95 MR-2 before my I let my friend drive it, wrapped it around a telephone pole, and I just recently had my RX-7 (93 FD3S). Let my mom borrow it for the weekend while I was gone and she decided to go driving in the rain. Floored it around a turn, springs compressed, she hit a pothole, then she hit a tree. She's fine, car's totalled (grrr).

Looking forward to getting into the Neon community around here.
damn, seems like you have some bad luck with letting family and friends driving your cars! don't let em drive the neon. :wink: :lol:

anyway, welcome to the site. :D
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
SohcNeon97
Local Neon Owner

Post by SohcNeon97 »

hey what's up I'm Matt I'm 16 and I drive a lowered red 1G coupe I also live around the Eastgate area it's not bad it's got a full 2.5" exh, prothane bushings, intrax springs, daytona wheels short throw and a couple of big dents
"Racing a Honda is like racing in the special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded"
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

My name is Sean Im 19 and I live in suburban Columbus Ohio (SW Licking County). I drive a 95 Sohc with a few minor mods to it. (exhaust, K & N filter, Blue interior neon lights, etc.) Its kinda quick.
I plan on dropping it about 2 inches and doing some more engine Mods :D Its nice to see a group dedicated to Neons.
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

RopeRat1
Local Neon Owner

Introduction

Post by RopeRat1 »

Hey Gang
My name is Jonathan and I'm a recent Neon buyer (black '04 R/T). It's my first new car after driving 4wd pickups and SUVs since the late-70s. I'm new to the website and post under RopeRat1. The nickname comes from my love for technical (High Angle) rescue.

I live in Verona KY (SW Boone County) where I still volunteer a bit with Verona Fire/EMS and work a 24/48hr shift as a career firefighter/paramedic with the City of Dry Ridge KY Fire Dept. I also teach part-time for Ky. State Fire/Rescue Training.

My automotive experience has extended from line tech with various C/P/D dealerships in N. Ky. from 1975-87 to an automotive teaching career. I taught in the automotive dept. at what is now Gateway Comm. College from 1987-95 and as a contract instructor for Chrysler Corp. from 1995-2001. My assignment was teaching dealership techs at the (now)DiamlerChrysler Regional Training Center in Sharonville.

I left to become a career firefighter/EMT and became a licensed paramedic in March this year.

My interests are good food and old movies. I'm in the fitness centre on my off-shift days and I enjoy rock climbing (indoor and outdoor) and a serious game of paintball. I'm not the most experienced at paintball but it's a LOT of fun, good exercise, and great stress relief.

Talk to ya soon.
Jonathan.....
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Re: Introduction

Post by evlneon »

RopeRat1 wrote:Hey Gang
My name is Jonathan and I'm a recent Neon buyer (black '04 R/T).

Talk to ya soon.
Jonathan.....
welcome to the boards and congrats on the new car. :D
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
White_Zombie
Local Neon Owner

Post by White_Zombie »

Hey my name is Ben i am in Florence ky ...sorry this is the only pic i have of my car...it was proof that i couldn't make it to work..then i broke my camera..i will get better pics...anywho ...hey all
mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

White_Zombie wrote:Hey my name is Ben i am in Florence ky ...sorry this is the only pic i have of my car...it was proof that i couldn't make it to work..then i broke my camera..i will get better pics...anywho ...hey all
whoa, fix the avatar pic!

tooooooooo biiiiiiig
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

If you need me to I can shrink down that pic for ya. If it's still there tomrrow I will remove it. We don't have specific avatar rules, but yeah that is too big.

Welcome to the board!

Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Closed.

Now we have a new forum just for this. Please feel free to start your own thread!