david.pepper@hamilton-co.org ...or todd.portune@hamilton-co.

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
lil red one
Local Neon Owner

david.pepper@hamilton-co.org ...or todd.portune@hamilton-co.

Post by lil red one »

What concerns most residents about the new ( jail ) tax is the fact that you readily admit the system is broken , yet you are only willing to do anything about it if tied to a new jail . If the system is so broken why not FIX IT FIRST ? THEN , at that point decide if we even need a new jail ? Since you so readily admit the system is broken that leaves a few unanswered questions . . . Who are the people that broke it ? . . . Why aren ' t they being held responsible ? . . . With legal action if necessary ? Since hamilton county is so hard up for money , how about some civil action against those responsible for wasting ( or loosing all together ) millions of our taxpayer dollars ? That would be progressive leadership not the same endless process of tax and spend that got us to this point .
We are not stupid. We see the waste and mismanagement in county government . Why do you think butler and warren counties are two of the fastest growing counties in Ohio ? It's because the leadership ( or lack thereof ) here is sending people running away like there on fire ! Having various taxes and policies shoved down our throats without a vote , while not illegal , leaves a very bad impression on the residents of Hamilton county . Alot of residents faced with this problem see West Chester and Loveland , with all their new business and spectacular growth , and think , " Why stay here and be abused for it ? "
While i certainly understand this line of thinking , I would rather think there is hope left for Hamilton county . This is where this twenty-six year old grew up , went to school , bought my first home , got married and started raising my two kids . This may just be young idealism but I would much rather see Hamilton county . . . my county . . . turn around . Start by making a more efficient government whose leadership includes responsibility and accountability for decisions good or bad ; Bring those persons or groups of persons to light that are responsible for the current problems and hold them accountable ; Bring in new revenue from attracting new business and new residents to Hamilton county .
The only way to do that is to LOWER THE TAXES ( not raise them ) . Stop making Hamilton county " The penalty box " of southwestern Ohio . Reward those who stay , not punish them . Bring in businesses and attractions that bring people ( and their money ) back from butler and warren counties , northern Kentucky and Indiana . Because I'm afraid if we don't all those who have the means will flee . At that point , you will need the new jails , because the only people left in Hamilton county will be those who aren't allowed to leave .

Email these guys please and tell them no new jail tax !
03sxt
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03sxt »

Huh? :?
lil red one
Local Neon Owner

Post by lil red one »

my bad . should ' ve told you this is a letter i wrote to complain about a new jail tax some hamilton county commissioners thought they would just start charging us without a vote.
03sxt
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03sxt »

Ahhh... At first I thought it was some type of spam, but I noticed you have more than 1 post. :lol:
lil red one
Local Neon Owner

Post by lil red one »

yea jus bitchin bout things i see wrong around me.Figure this is a good place for it.by the way check this out...http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/what- ... num649.php
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

^^^ As an American who has gone virtually my entire adult life without health coverage, and had very poor coverage for the brief time I was insured, I thoroughly support that shit.

Good topic for MM to do a movie on, I grew up in Flint, MI and experienced first-hand a lot of the things documented in his film Roger & Me.

The entire Sicko movie has already been leaked all over the internet, I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and watch it yet tho.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!