Where

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Where

Post by LH95sohc »

is everyone @ its soooo quiet, and abandoned here, lol Whats everyone been up to? Hows everyone been?
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Heh, things did die down here pretty bad huh. Everyone's been moving onto different places, cars, and things. I wish we would have had more support from the Cincy area SRT guys, but they don't seem to care. Oh well.

As for me I've been spending a lot of time parting out my ACR and looking for a new project car. I found a beautiful plain-jane blue '93 Mustang LX notch 5.0/5sp up in Columbus I'm probably gonna try to buy in a few days.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

thats cool, where at up here, cuz I know a guy thats was sellin one awhile back but Idk if he sold it or not. Me on the other hand, I personally havent been up to a whole lot, just lookin for work so I can get my turbo project motor built up, and cruisin the streets, lol thats about it.
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I don't know where it is, but here's a link to the auction:

1993 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe

I REALLY want this car. I'm dying to have something to cruise in besides me dented up beater.

BadBrads97Neon
Local Neon Owner

Post by BadBrads97Neon »

yeah it has been pretty dead on here. Kinda sucks cause I would like to meet some neon ppl in my area haha anyway I have been up to well 6 days of works a week and then crusin and sleepin at night. Been pickin up parts for my tranny swap for the past two weeks. Ju got my tranny (was shipped), Boogers, pedals, this weekend Im pickin up al the swap parts. Tomorrow I will be ordering my Maddog sts and then after I get paid Friday I will be ordering my PT Clutch to finish up the buying of pars. Hopefully the last weekend this month I can get the swap done. I also bought the black DEPO's from Modern and got a 60mm TB from MPx too. Excited about putting them on. Hopefully if my check is nice then this weekend I will aslo order a few other goodies I want. Anyone ever wanna cruise in NKY hit me up.
B_rad

97 DOHC MTX Swapped, Boogers, PT Clutch, Vibrant Dual Exhaust, 3.0 CAI, AF/X UDP, Filled Mounts, MSD Coil Pack, KYB GR2 Struts, Skunk2 Springs, SRT Console, Boot & Knob, Custom Interior, Limo Tinted Windows. Wanted: SRT Rims & DOHC LT Header
2mopar
Local Neon Owner

Post by 2mopar »

Vinny wrote:I wish we would have had more support from the Cincy area SRT guys, but they don't seem to care. Oh well.
I do too. I check in here just about everyday. I'm just not much of a "talker" or "typer" if you know what I mean.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Most SRT guys, at least around here, do not want to be associated with Neons in the slightest.

There was a Dayton SRT board that an SRT owner I met at the track told me about. Their registration said they only allowed SRT-4 owners, I put in my info that I had an SRT turbod Neon ACR, and my registration was never approved.

RopeRat1
Local Neon Owner

Post by RopeRat1 »

Between working my regular 24/48 shift at Dry Ridge Fire Dept., I'm riding part-time as a medic on the crash truck at Ky Speedway during test dates and a few shifts as a medic at Carroll County EMS.

The end of this school year completes 17yrs teaching for Ky State Fire/Rescue Training.

Jonathan (RopeRat1)

P.S. My 25th anniversary in fire/EMS is this 01 June.
2mopar
Local Neon Owner

Post by 2mopar »

Most is correct, unfortunately. I'm not that guy. I will rock this neon until the day I die. I know a few srt guys around the area. Most are cool, but there is the stereo-typical "my car is not a neon, it's a srt-4" guys too. I'm a mopar guy only. Nothing else matters to me. Someone says evo or sti or whatever. I have no interest in it at all. It could be the fastest thing on the planet? I don't care, it's no neon.

...and Vinny, I see you rocking the blue oval these days...shame on you!
sps20racer
Local Neon Owner

Post by sps20racer »

Amen 2mopar. The SRT guys have a stick shoved so far up their ass that they are all inline for auditions to the new muppets movie. No offense to the SRT guys that communicate with us and dont treat us like dirt under their shoe.
Who says neons dont kick ass!!!
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

2mopar wrote:Someone says evo or sti or whatever.
what's great about the suby crowd... they all hang out together whether it's a brand new STi, or a 10 year-old legacy wagon, or a 5 year-old forester. it's really quite interesting going to meets. ya sure, the majority is imprezas (sti, wrx, rs), and the newer legacy gt's, but there are a few enthusiasts that don't drive the "enthusiast"-type cars that come out to the meets regularly as well... granted there are some of those srt-like guys in this crowd too, but seem to be less abundant.

but ya, after experiencing local meets like this... it makes me roll my eyes at those srt guys (with their noses in the air) even more for being so narrowminded.
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
2mopar
Local Neon Owner

Post by 2mopar »

Sorry for the drunken rant! It's rare to get even the local srt crowd together. I know there out there. I don't know what it is about this area? I'll always be around reppin the pentastar! You know it's back, right???
Midnight_Rider
Local Neon Owner

Post by Midnight_Rider »

sps20racer wrote:...No offense to the SRT guys that communicate with us and dont treat us like dirt under their shoe.
Whew, that's a relief! My SRT is a Neon, thank you very much.

I've just been working my two jobs, all seven days some weeks. Getting ready for Carlisle in July though... WOOT!!! :D
"Gramps"
"(It was a) little souped-up race car. These Dodge SRT Neons are turbo-charged... It's too much power, not enough car... " Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Jason Brooks
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

I've been busy with work and school. and working on my new 1997 Neon coupe.