anyone in the military?

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

anyone in the military?

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

hey guys i'm just wondering if anyone here is in the military? and if so i was wondering if u could show me how a true dogtag looks?
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Im not but my dad is retired army, and 95% of my friends are in the military, they dont really look like too much, they just have your name, City and other stuff on em
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

95% of your friends are in the military? Damn. My last roommate was a marine for 6 years before I knew him, but he's about the only military guy I've ever known.

Oh wait, this girl I fucked a couple weeks ago was in the marines for a brief time lol
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03SRT-4 »

I spent 4 years in the Army. A dog tag has just your name, social security number, religious affiliation and blood type.

Some interesting facts about dog tags. There are two so when someone dies in the field and their body must be left to be picked up later, they take one with them to record the dead, while the other they put in the person's mouth so that the body can be identified when it is recovered. The long chain has 365 beads on it, and the small one has 52. This is so if you are ever captured you can keep track of how long you have been there.
- Mike
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

thats lovely lol...on the Serial number are there any "-" in between each set of numbers or is it just one long number?
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03SRT-4 »

Yeah there are "-" between the numbers. Why so interested in dog tags?
- Mike
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

long story...but my best friend's "ex" (they were going out and then stopped but they still act like their going out...) and me and a WHOLE CRAP load of other friends dont believe a dang thing that the guy is saying...and the guy is in the Army and yea...he gave her his dogtags and then our friend Rachel got a hold of them and wrote down the info and she presented it to a marine recruiter and he said that there should be "-" inbetween in the numbers...i wasn't sure if that was just the marines or for all...
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Vinny wrote:95% of your friends are in the military? Damn. My last roommate was a marine for 6 years before I knew him, but he's about the only military guy I've ever known.
Yea and a lot of them are just comin back for xmas so I get to see them. o yea plus my dad is retired army, and all of my uncles and even one aunt was in the military... So yea there is absoultely NO PRESSURE to join the armed forces.... :roll:
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!