ugh another turbo question

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

ugh another turbo question

Post by LH95sohc »

ok guys I gotta question. Now I know that you all are prolly tired of hearing forced induction questions but I have one to add anyway. I kno that in order to make the turbo setup from an SRT I need the adapter to make it bolt up to a sohc. I have a list of shit that I need along with everything else. My question is, Im not goin for high horses here, I just want my car to have as much power as a stock srt-4, hell I'll even settle for 200-210 hp. What would be the best way to go about that direction with stock internals? Thnx

Sean
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

200whp would be pushing it for a stock-bottom SOHC. I'm not positive on the extent of power differences between SOHC and DOHC in forced induction applications, but you can get about 190whp from a stock bottom end DOHC at 9psi which with drag radials and a good driver can go 13.1. At least that's what dunny's setup did.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

well I only plan on running around 8-9 psi anyway, so i dont know
-SEAN

Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

You'll probably be able to push about 200whp on the stock bottom end. After that things start to go wrong. Don't look at how much boost you're running watch the whp number. When you get to 200whp stop. You'll have to play around with the amount of boost to give the motor.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

and 200whp will be perfectly fine with me for now. Im not aiming for the fence yet, lol but it'll do for me.
-SEAN