Ebay CAI how to install

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
Chris99RT
Local Neon Owner

Ebay CAI how to install

Post by Chris99RT »

I just got a cold air intake off ebay and It didn't come with instructions i have a 99 r/t manual trans what do I need to do to install it? anyone have any pics?

Thanks
Chris
1999 Neon R/T
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

There really isn't much to it other than remove all the stock plastic intake tubing and put the new intake on. If you put up pictures of it it'd be a lot easier to tell you since some might require you to trim the battery tray, but I'm guessing it's actually a warm air intake since it's an ebay buy, making it pretty much useless.

Not trying to be an ass in any way, but ebay usually isn't the way to go when modding your car. Start doing research first on here and www.neons.org and you'll see the do's and don't's of modding. You're better off buying used parts off of here and neons.org than buying useless ebay parts that will crap out on you 9 times out of 10. For new, quality parts, check out www.modernperformance.com

Hope this helps,

Alex
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.