Info on 4g63 swap

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
4g63Neon
Local Neon Owner

Info on 4g63 swap

Post by 4g63Neon »

Just wondering if anyone here has heard of someone swapping a Mitsubishi 4g63 engine into a Neon... Ive heard several say ?t cant be done"and several say ?ts nearly Impossible" I have never seen this done or heard of anyone doing it. Ya I kno the motors are completely reversed but thats where welding and cutting comes into place. Im trying to pick up a shell atm to work on this project so any input would be nice. IF someone can pull this off it will be a low 13 second car.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

It falls into the category of "anything can be done with enough money, time, patience and fabrication skills."

It's a pointless swap, you can get a 2.4L turbo 1st gen into the 10s for under $10k at this point, and an AWD Neon's already been done...
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
4g63Neon
Local Neon Owner

Post by 4g63Neon »

It actually wouldnt cost that much for a 4g63 swap.. I can do all the wiring/fabrication/installation on my own. I want to do something that not many have done, Was also thinking bout an awd 1st gen which is still possible cause I kno someone with a 1st gen gs-x that he is parting out. Lot of work but it would be nice in the outcome. Thanks for the input.
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

I dont know if a lot of us could give you a good amount of help on the swap , bc a lot of us dont really know about 4g63's, but props to you for wantin to do sumthin that nobody else has really done..
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

4g63Neon
Local Neon Owner

Post by 4g63Neon »

Still wanting to do this, Anyone have a shell for sale? in decent shape with a title.