Has anyone had your neon gone retarded? Post yours!!

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
neonrtdriver
Local Neon Owner

Has anyone had your neon gone retarded? Post yours!!

Post by neonrtdriver »

Okay I have had acouple of retarded neon moments.

Rev up and Tach STICKS AT 8 GRAND!!!

Changed the starter last year and OUT OF NO WHERE the connections got lose and wouldnt start the car!!

Changed spark plugs to NGK IRIDIUMS BRAND NEW and the car missed worse than the Bosch Plugs I had in it!

EVERYONE MUST TRY THIS ONE!!! TAKE THE GREEN RELAY FROM THE INSIDE FUSE PANEL AND PUT IN THE STARTER RELAY UNDER THE HOOD!! HAHAHA GREAT SHIT!!!
Brandon Burns
Intense Blue 98 Neon R/T-(Project Srt coupe)
Black 98 Neon R/T-The DD(Project AAR Neon)
Intense Blue 98 Neon-teh beater sohc,atx,13 inch hubcaps FTW!!
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

The only one I've had was in my '99 R/T when I hit the rev limiter. It caused a belt to roll over in the pulley grooves and it came off two days later leaving me without power steering. Then when replacing the belt my dad knocked some tools in the engine compartment and a couple days later a wrench that had apparently been out of sight in between the fan shroud and radiator was jarred loose on 270 when the fans were on wiping out one fans blades, cracking the shroud and puncturing the radiator costing me almost a grand to get fixed.
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold
Metal_gear_jon
Local Neon Owner

Post by Metal_gear_jon »

If I sit in park and let the motor bump of the rev limiter, the car will start to loose coolant around the water neck. This in the only time it will leak and will stop as soon I stop reving. Guess I need a "Hi-flow" thermostat :lol: !!!!
'95 SOHC Sport ATX , slightly modded '95 SOHC Highline MTX , bought and sold. Shoot me , I needed the money.
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

ARE YOU KIDDING my car is a driving disaster.... I think I have a stupid moment every second that my car runs...
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!