Dunlop Neofest

Know of a cool race, show, or cruise-in? Trying to meet up with other Neon owners? This is the place to look!
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Dunlop Neofest

Post by 71Roadrunner »

Is anyone going to the Dunlop Neofest at National Trails the weekend before the Mopar Nats.?
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

I'm thinking about it. How was it last year? It's open to all types of newer cars now, right? The first year they did it it was Mopar only. I went to the Domestic Vs. Import Street Battle at Trails last Saturday and wasn't really impressed, so I don't know about going to the Neofest.
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

AlexSuave23 wrote:The first year they did it it was Mopar only...
correction: was SUPPOSED to be only late-model mopar and mopar-related DSM (or something).... after horrible enthusiasm from that crowd, and picking up dunlop as a huge sponsor, they opened it to everyone with a late model sport compact i think. :roll:
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

I stand corrected. I just knew it was supposed to be that way, but I figured with the lack of late model Mopars at the Nats there wouldn't be much at an event centered around them, so I've never bothered to go. I'm definitely going to the Nats (like I do every year), so I doubt I'll be going to the Neofest, unless I hear wonderful things about it.
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

Originally it was a 2 day event where the first was Mopar/Viper/Dodge Truck/DSM only and the second day was open to all sport compacts. Their piss poor lack of advertising caused a very poor turn out both days, so they changed it to a one day open event. It's great for those that want to make a few passes, since it's a smaller event you can get dozens of runs without waiting forever. It would be a great time to have a meet for us, place, time, track time, cheap, autocross course, bikini contest(which has gotten topless before), burnout contest, etc.
neonrtdriver
Local Neon Owner

Post by neonrtdriver »

Im down for Neofest!!
Brandon Burns
Intense Blue 98 Neon R/T-(Project Srt coupe)
Black 98 Neon R/T-The DD(Project AAR Neon)
Intense Blue 98 Neon-teh beater sohc,atx,13 inch hubcaps FTW!!
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

I prolly cant go... the car wont make it, even tho Im like 10 min from trails... lol
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

I myself am still undecided on wether I'm going to be able to go yet. If you go and your Neon is turbocharged, don't bother taking it down the track, Me and my buddy with a WRX as well as every other turbo car were over a full second slower than what they should run, yet the N/A cars were only about a quarter of a second off. My SRT-4 should be good for 12.9-13.1 and I couldn't do better than 14.3's and his, as well as every other stock WRX should run 14.5-14.6 and they were all running 15.80's. When he went to Norwalk he ran after the two hour drive a very hot 14.7, so Trails sucks for turbo cars.
neonrtdriver
Local Neon Owner

Post by neonrtdriver »

VERY TRUE IT WILL NOT BE TURBO WEATHER OR TRACK CONDITIONS AT ALL!!Actually even all motor cars will not be as fast.On hot days at trails I spin thru 1st and 2nd. I will be there passing out flyers for a car show at Germain.. So if any of you see me come say whats up..
Brandon Burns
Intense Blue 98 Neon R/T-(Project Srt coupe)
Black 98 Neon R/T-The DD(Project AAR Neon)
Intense Blue 98 Neon-teh beater sohc,atx,13 inch hubcaps FTW!!
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

I went to work to make up hours that I missed earlier this week, so I couldn't go. While at work though I saw a Ram pulling an enclosed trailer that had Dodge Viper all over it, so I wonder if it was on it's way out there since they have a seperate division for Vipers.

Did anyone go and was it any good?