New to this forum

Welcome to TristateNeons.org, tell us a little about yourself and your Neon.
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

New to this forum

Post by 71Roadrunner »

I would just like to say hello to all the locals here and introduce myself. I'm Mopar or no car with few exceptions. I have been and am on many different forums, of which I am a Moderator on the biggest. I previously owned a '99 Neon R/T with several mods and currently own an '04 SRT-4. I also have previously owned 2 Daytona Shelby Z's, an '87 that was stock and a built '88, both with the 2.2L Turbo II. My first car and pride and joy that I will never part with is my '71 Roadrunner. I found this forum through maddendodge as I helped him find and get a Neon R/T and he ended up with a sharp '99 R/T that's fully loaded. I'm in the centeral Ohio area and usually go to all the shows i can and hope to be of service here!
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold
cincinnatiautobahn
Local Neon Owner

Post by cincinnatiautobahn »

Man it must be nice to still have your first car... my first was a 73 duster... I miss that old A body :)
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Heh, my second car was a '73 A-Body, a Plymouth Scamp. I miss that car a lot too, someday I will own another one.

Post some pics, especially of the 'Runner. My Dad has a restored '69 Road Runner, original Hemi 4-speed car in T5 Bronze.

Welcome!
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

Welcome, and yes get pics of that Roadrunner!
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03SRT-4 »

Welcome to the site, whereabouts in the central Ohio area. I live in Newark. Anyways like I said welcome to the site and can't wait to see pics of both of your cars.
- Mike
maddendodge
Local Neon Owner

Post by maddendodge »

nice to see u again 71roadrunner.(known him for 22 or 23 years.) like a brother & got me hooked on mopars. bought his shelby from him.
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

I'm in Columbus on the west side. I need to find a place to host my pics first, the one place I have them is another forum and when I linked a pic here it reduced the pics size and it looked awful. I could put a link to my gallery there, but some forums don't want links to other forums on their site and I don't know if this place is that way or not.
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

Post the link, I seriously doubt Vinny will care. This forum is alot "looser" and mello than most others Im a member too. (Cough Cough the .org)
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Here they all are... enjoy

Awesome lookin cars!

-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03SRT-4 »

How long have you had your srt-4, just wondering cause I was looking at a black one at Trader Bud's a little while back. Would be funny if it was the same one.
- Mike
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

I bought mine just over 2 years ago from there around february '04 and I believe they had 2 black ones there at that time, the one I have and one without the sunroof and I think it had the side air bag regular Neon seats. It was exactly the way I wanted one and would have ordered it, it had the Viper seats, sunroof and it's black. I didn't want the extra weight and price of the Kicker stereo, besides that I always change the stereo to what I want, Alpine.

I didn't like the SRT-4 at first because of it only being a 4 door (it would look soooo much better as a 2 door coupe), but I also didn't like the Neon for years. The 2 door coupe 1st gen. Neon eventually won me over, but it was their winning performance that really got me into them. I had a Blitz body kit and AAR Cuda style hood on the to do list for my '99 R/T to really make it look good, but I never got that far before I was overtaken by SRT-4 fever. I went to Trader Buds when they got their first SRT-4, which was in the Solar Yellow, and checked it out and it sounded good and nowhere near as loud as I thought it would be without any muffler. Sitting it the Viper seat was what helped make me want one more, but I still hated the 4 doors. The addition of the limited slip diff., added power and the sunroof mixed with it's improved performance won me over and the black helps reduce the 4 door look some.