Introduce yourself!

Welcome to TristateNeons.org, tell us a little about yourself and your Neon.
Vinny
Admin

Introduce yourself!

Post by Vinny »

This thread is closed but will remain for archival purposes. Please start your own thread, and welcome to tristateneons.org!

Some of us already know each other, but I see we are getting a few new users, so lets all introduce ourselves. I'll start...

My name is Vinny, I post on Neons.org under the same name, and post under the name Vincent Brick on cincystreetscene.com and cincinnatistreetracing.com. I'm 26 and have been into cars my whole life. My father is a car nut too, and he currently owns a restored Hemi Road Runner, a resto-modded '64 Fury, and a lowered 2003 Dodge Ram with 20" wheels.

I drive a '97 Neon ACR. It's black. It's my second Neon, I sold my old highline to my friend Ian a while ago. I am probably going to buy my 3rd Neon soon for use as a daily beater.

I live in Mt. Healthy/Colerain area, and work nights in Queensgate.

For those who are unaware, some local Neon and Protege owners have formed a sort of informal alliance, attending each others meets and such, so don't think we are being trolled if you see some crap about Mazdas. :)
Last edited by Vinny on Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Good Idea Vinny

My name is Jason, I post on Neons.org, SRTforums.com, 2GN.org, and every once in awhile on CincyStreetScene.com and CincinnatiStreetRacing.com. In all forums I post under the same name, Diablo0. I'm 20 years old and have been into Computers for most of my life. I've always had an interest in cars but it never really showed. Once I got my Neon that completely changed, now it seems like any money I get goes right into my car (yes it's depressing when you think about it).

I own a 2002 Dodge Neon R/T - Black, it's my first Neon and first car for that matter. I'd like to buy a 1st gen in the furture to have as a daily driver to keep my R/T lookin good and be able to work on it without having to worry about getting to work on Monday.

I live in Colerain about 5 minutes away from Vinny and work in Madisonville.

Thats about it
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Josh
Local Neon Owner

Post by Josh »

My name is Josh,
I drive a Mazda Protege MP3

I like girls

noTe hates me for some reason......
Joshua Combs
email= josh@joshcombs.com
2001 Mazda MP3 Vivid Yellow #1184

http://www.tristateproteges.com
03.5_MSP
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03.5_MSP »

Amy

Florence, Ky

Protege-stock :twisted:

I am always around doing something and end up at Vinny's house a bunch. I don't have a neon but oh well, I don't mind if you dont lol
Amy
PurpleExpresso
Local Neon Owner

Post by PurpleExpresso »

Hi, Im mike whats goin on. I drive a stock 98 neon. Purple, DOHC engine, automatic tranny. Its fine except some dents and scratches, the 91000 miles and random engine noise, I live on the west side
98 Plymouth Neon Expresso
Purple with an automatic tranny
turbotim
Local Neon Owner

Post by turbotim »

whats up everyone? I am Tim and I also post on neons.org as turbotim. I (and my wife) have a 97 sedan all shaved with body kit and bright yellow, and a 95 coupe 2.4 turbo project. I have been a car guy my whole life, mostly street rods and musclecars, but love my neons! I am in Dayton, and work out of my garage.

tim
01RT
Local Neon Owner

Post by 01RT »

Hey my name is Brent. I just bought a blue SRT-4 I have had my R/T since new now it is the wifes car. I love cars and drag racing. Every chance I get you can see me at the track. Also we have a side business called Wittmeyer Photography mainly shoot weddings if you know anybody getting married :wink:
2001 R/T Flame Red
2004 SRT-4 Electric Blue
chargincharles
Local Neon Owner

Post by chargincharles »

Hi, my name is Charles. I post on SRTforums and the turbododge.com forums as Chargincharles. I am 36 years old, and just bought a black 03 SRT-4. First small Mopar I have owned since the 80's. I work not far from Vinny down in Queensgate and live over in Deer Park. I have been restoring cars for the better part of 15 years now. I mainly do Chargers, thus the name. My last was a 69 big block car. My current is a '73 small block, that I am still accumulating pieces for. I also own an 83 Rampage- not a driver right now, kinda looking at the options, and a 93 Ramcharger. The RC is a tank- and sucks gas like one, so I started to look at alternatives. This brought me to the SRT-4. I had a friend who owned an ACR back in 94, and I always really liked it. Really, Really impressed with the SRT, and starting to do mods on it. I also ride/restore motorcycles, mainly Yamaha's. Current ride is a 78 XS750SE, triple.
I'm glad somebody decided to do a local board- thanks Vinny.

Have fun,
Charles.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Oh man, a '93 Ramcharger would just about be my dream sport-ute. I love those things. I dig the Chargers too, my Dad's buddy has a very nice '71 R/T-SE. My Dad is a B-body freak, but I could never see myself driving a car that big. :)

Jason (diablo0) gets as much credit for this site as I do. It was my idea, but his skills with the php stuff is what really brought it to reality.

Hey, I'll probably be at your work around 3:00 or so to drop that shifter off to ya. See you then.
mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

hi, my name is Fred, but i go by killer, i have a 2k1 SE slow-mobile. i live on the west-side in cinci. i post in the same places as vinny and diablo0. i have met nost of the peopleon the boards so far.... but where is Randy? i really miss him...

:P
mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

01RT wrote:Hey my name is Brent. I just bought a blue SRT-4 I have had my R/T since new now it is the wifes car. I love cars and drag racing. Every chance I get you can see me at the track. Also we have a side business called Wittmeyer Photography mainly shoot weddings if you know anybody getting married :wink:

brent, are you the guy i bought the magnum header/cat off of? my car is flame red also, we met at tri-county Dicks?
01RT
Local Neon Owner

Post by 01RT »

yup that is me how is the header doing for ya
2001 R/T Flame Red
2004 SRT-4 Electric Blue
mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

cool, i havent seen you post on the other .org in a while (or maybe ive just missed them)

haeder is great, ive got a best run of 15.9 @ 86mph after i installed it (best of 16.3@84 previous), and that was on edgewater opening day, so my launches were shite (dusty track with NO rubber on it at all) and old tires. sometime soon i want to go back to one of the drag strips and see what she'll do with good rubber and a better launch surface. oh, and my motor mount inserts aare actually doing something now since i put bolts through them.
so, hows your wife liking the R/T? still have all the mods on it?
01RT
Local Neon Owner

Post by 01RT »

Let me know when youre going to the track and I will try to meet you there. She just started driving a stick so she really hasnt played in it to much. Also she says its to loud phatridz header with 2.5" exhaust going to a flowmaster muffler. It has ran a best 14.9 but normally in the low 15's
2001 R/T Flame Red
2004 SRT-4 Electric Blue
NeonRT
Local Neon Owner

Post by NeonRT »

my name is Derrick and i live in eastgate :( i drive a blue 98 rt. my cars not to bad ran a best of 15.51 at 89mph with bad clutch. i post on css under the same name. glad to see a site for neon owners around the area.look forward to metting some of u soon.
Lets ride.
My new home page.
http://www.myspace.com/djacobs25