new head unit

Post pics or video of Neons or other cool automotive-related stuff here.
Vinny
Admin

new head unit

Post by Vinny » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:14 pm

So yeah, my beloved Kenwood MP919 took a shit on me while hanging out with this girl on Saturday. Ran out Sunday after the car show and bought a new Pioneer 7700MP:

I don't know why the backlighting in the 2nd pic came out so green, it really looks more like the top pic. There's some things I like about it, but overall I kinda miss my Kenwood. The main thing is a love/hate, I don't like that the face isn't motorized, but I like the fact that there's minimal moving parts. Pioneer changed the design on the face hinge from the last ones I saw and it looks to be much more durable. I've had motorized face decks since '96; this is the first non-motorized drop-face I've had except for Clarion I only kept for a day in 1998.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!

mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:53 am

i refuse to own any HUs that arent Pioneer. my first one lasted 6 years and 7 cars, my second lasted 4 years before it was killed by thieves (they put a bunch of coins and shit in it because they couldnt find the face) i have a DEH-P2000 that my brother found on the side of the road with no face on it, i Ebay-ed a face for it and its still in use in the wifes car, and my current is a DEH-P4600MP i got at christmas last year. i expect it to be around for a bit. ive had Kenwoods (i really hate those, no offence, but they have never impressed me) Sonys (even worse than KW) and a few other "high end" (eclipse, clarion Pro Audio) HUs that never sounded as good or lasted as long as even the cheap Pioneers ive had. hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine. VIVA LA PIONEER!!!

(im just rambling, i dont have anything else to do...)
just remember, killer is sneaky... and, he hates you.