Colerain Dodge is going Bye Bye *rant*

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Diablo0
Site Admin

Colerain Dodge is going Bye Bye *rant*

Post by Diablo0 »

For all the guys that do business with Colerain dodge... probably just me an Vinny... I got word today that the future of Colerain Dodge is a little grim now that they've been bought out by Northgate Chrysler. From what I heard it looks like C-Rain will close up and the Dodge line will be going to the assclowns at Northgate Chrysler. For me it sucks since most of the guys know me by name at Colerain and I can't stand Northgate Chrysler for the way their people act... shit you walk into the parts counter and the guy in there just gives me this blank idiot stare. Anyway... looks like a few of the C-Rain guys have already left, the ones I pretty much only trust to work on my car if I ever have to take it in which is almost never but sometimes it happens... bah... Northgate sucks... If I ever need to take my car in for some reason b/c I can't fix something myself or I'm just too lazy to do it myself I'm going to have find out where the one dude that left is now working.

Like most of you really care, I just usually pick a place that treats me and my car well plus they all know me.... so I don't mind them working on my car when they have to.

Oh... and I think Joseph bought the C-Rain building so who knows what the building will be.

I think I'm done
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Damn that sucks. I haven't been there for a while though, I've either been ordering online or getting stuff from Wyler off 471 in KY since it's close to my work and can run over on my lunch.

I never dealt w/ Northgate Chrysler except when looking for my first Neon, and all they wanted me to do was talk me into buying a new one. "Not unless you have a brand new Neon coupe..."
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

Post by KB9QDI »

Old news :lol:

I buy from them at work alot. Thay told me the shitty news almost a month ago. The Ford dealership is under new owners also now called Colerain Ford.

More Pic's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/kb9qdi

OLD: 04 SXT Sold
NEW: 06 TJ X
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Yeah I heard about it awhile back but today I got the low down on what exactly is gonna happen.
-Jason

- Benjamin Franklin
Metal_gear_jon
Local Neon Owner

Post by Metal_gear_jon »

Gee ,no love for Northgate Chrysler Jeep and soon to be Dodge. Don't worry there is hope.
Some of the guys from the Dodge parts department will be going to Northgate. The only service writer left down there
will be coming also. The Dodge dealer should stay open while Northgate expands the service and sales departments. The dealership will have a new look when it's completed.
How do I know this, maybe because I work at Northgate.... Albeit the parts department crew is a little "off" (even the mechanics can't stand them!).
But please, don't judge the whole place on one bad experince at the parts counter.Just wait and see.... Anyway we work on Neons all the time. A SRT-4 a few weeks ago with a blown clutch at 9000 milesand today a 03 RT with leaking tailight gaskets. Most of the mecahnics are serious MOPAR guys and know what they are doing. just wait and see.... P.s. Vinny every saleman in the world job is to screw you into buying a car, remember they have to "feed their families". Oh yeah, we now have a SRT-8 6.1 Hemi 300C sitting in the showroom now if anyone cares.....
'95 SOHC Sport ATX , slightly modded '95 SOHC Highline MTX , bought and sold. Shoot me , I needed the money.
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Metal_gear_jon wrote:Gee ,no love for Northgate Chrysler Jeep and soon to be Dodge. Don't worry there is hope.
Some of the guys from the Dodge parts department will be going to Northgate. The only service writer left down there
will be coming also. The Dodge dealer should stay open while Northgate expands the service and sales departments. The dealership will have a new look when it's completed.
How do I know this, maybe because I work at Northgate.... Albeit the parts department crew is a little "off" (even the mechanics can't stand them!).
But please, don't judge the whole place on one bad experince at the parts counter.Just wait and see.... Anyway we work on Neons all the time. A SRT-4 a few weeks ago with a blown clutch at 9000 milesand today a 03 RT with leaking tailight gaskets. Most of the mecahnics are serious MOPAR guys and know what they are doing. just wait and see.... P.s. Vinny every saleman in the world job is to screw you into buying a car, remember they have to "feed their families". Oh yeah, we now have a SRT-8 6.1 Hemi 300C sitting in the showroom now if anyone cares.....
Yeah I haven't been into the service bay much there since well... we haven't had a chrysler or plymouth in hmm... over 6 years. The last time I was there it was just to walk around and look at the cars on the lot... thats it. One of the sales ladies wouldn't get off our back for anything when we made it clear that we're just walking around killing time. After walking around a little bit and a car catching our eye infront of the showroom, mainly out of curiousity (don't remember what car it is now but it wasn't anything fancy) we tried to open the door but it's locked... tried another car, it's locked... all the cars infront of the dealer, I mean right infront of the showroom windows were locked. Since she was following us around so much we finally asked if she could open it just so we could take a look... she walked inside, grabbed the key and came back out and unlocked it. After taking a look we wanted to check out another car that was also infront and about 2-3 cars away from this one. She went back inside and got the other key to the other car... came back out and unlocked the other car. At that point since well... we're just checking out the cars and just comparing stuff you know.. the difference between the two is this and this, this model has this, this doesn't... kinda like the '01 R/T neons had chrome interior handles when the '02 R/Ts don't... that sort of thing. Anyway... after checking out the 2nd car we spotted something different and thought we'd investigate it further so we went back to the 1st car, pulled the handle and it was locked again. We asked what happened and she said she had to lock it to get the the other car unlocked. We discussed this a bit further and found out from her that she can't have more than one car unlocked or more than one key out at one time... or some other weird policy. So if we walked away from the 2nd car she'd lock that, go get the other key, unlock the 1st car and if we wanted to see another car she'd lock that and go get the other key.... A LOT of running around and waste of time. Like I said we weren't really interested, more like just research for our own benefit and having to go through all of that running around and what have you was just nuts. So we finally left before first speaking with the sales manager about this wacko policy and I don't remember he said so oh well :lol: The place was just weird

Dad also said we they were looking for a van back in 88 they called them to see if they had the model they were looking for with certian options. They said they did and my dad said they'd be there at so and so time and date to check it out and test drive it. Well they went there at that time to have a look see and after walking around it, check it out, the usual car shopper stuff they wanted to test drive it. Guy went in, got the keys, same back out to start the car and *click click click click*... dead battery. My dad said after that when they had plenty of time to go out and get it ready for a possible sale and didn't even bother to check to make sure it starts since it could have been on the lot for weeks... he just walked away and found the same car with the same features at another dealer across town and bought it from them.

It's not just one parts guy that gives me this blank stare like I'm supposed to read his mind when he wants me to give me my CC or cash for a part I buy. It's other things that have left me with a bad taste.

Who knows they may have changed but first impressions leave a lasting effect. I may end up taking my car there if I need to... who knows... we'll see. Maybe I'll come to like them in the end b/c if I need a part fast I'd rather not have to drive to Lawrenceburg or Glenway for it.
-Jason

- Benjamin Franklin
Metal_gear_jon
Local Neon Owner

Post by Metal_gear_jon »

I completely understand , first impressions are very important for any business, including the automotive biz....
'95 SOHC Sport ATX , slightly modded '95 SOHC Highline MTX , bought and sold. Shoot me , I needed the money.