Still focused on painting dash...

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
Epitaphrox
Local Neon Owner

Still focused on painting dash...

Post by Epitaphrox »

how do i get the vents off? i'm thinking once the dash is removed i go from behind and use a screwdriver to pop em off... (painting would be done by now but i have no garage and i need to let the parts dry afterwards...)
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I usually use a small straght pick tool to get vents like that off. I'm sure a very small screwdriver would work too, just be careful not to mar anything.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Epitaphrox
Local Neon Owner

Yeah k but...

Post by Epitaphrox »

so where like infront or behind the dash? and will they install easy too?
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

the main vents on the dash can be pulled out without any tools. or at least i can pull mine out without any. i just face them all the way down, and pull out with the dash still installed. for the defrost vents on the upper sides, a really small flathead screwdriver will work to pry those out. again with the dash still installed. it's all pretty easy to do. very little technical skill required.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought i read somewhere that you had a haynes manual? the manual explains how to diss/assemble practically everything to do with the car. if i recall, the how-tos dealing with the dash are in the chapter with body disassembly.
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
Epitaphrox
Local Neon Owner

Yeah...

Post by Epitaphrox »

hope it works that'll be easier! um yeah i've gotta haynes manual and the vents aren't described in it just dash removal... and thanx! cuz i was stressing that