loudness?

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

loudness?

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

does anyone know how loud a car can be, before its "illegal" and the cops pull you over. cause i'm looking at some Hooker Headers Mufflers but i dont know if they will be 2 loud or not.
Skill
Local Neon Owner

Re: loudness?

Post by Skill »

Neoncrazy101 wrote:does anyone know how loud a car can be, before its "illegal" and the cops pull you over. cause i'm looking at some Hooker Headers Mufflers but i dont know if they will be 2 loud or not.
until they warn you ...

i do not know of any cops that carry decibel testers. Besides you only hurt the ppl inside your ride not outside ;)
RYAN HICKS
She's fast, low, sexy, and clean ... something every car envies.
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

Around here, as loud as You can bare it! We have so many Pusstangs here that run open header or with shitty mufflers that do nothing. Just the same with straight piped trucks, dont wotty until you get pulled over.
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

Skill wrote:Besides you only hurt the ppl inside your ride not outside ;)
quite the contrary.... i was sitting at a light waiting to turn left, with my windows down. some rice-shit cavy comes screamin down in the southbound lane closest to me, so loud made me deaf in my left ear for a couple seconds. :evil: :roll:
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

and it can be rather annoying hearing that going by your house many times during the day and night.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

yea it can be. i want it to be loud, but not annoying loud. the street over from me is like Honda alley and theres like 5 or so Civics on that street with caffine cans on them and my gosh those are annoying has heck.
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

I suppose you could always run it into a standard muffler but before that install a cutout that you could open it up whenever you want. Later on down the road maybe even get an electric one so you never have to get out of the car to open it. It'd be somewhat quiet when you don't want to annoy people but open it up when you're at the track.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

Dont get something ricey tho. Get a muffler or exhaust thats deep and mean sounding like the borla or even a vibrant muffler.
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

i'm either getting the Hooker Headers Max. Flow Muffler or the HH Aero Chamber Muffler. theres a $10 dollar difference and i think i'll make my final decision the moment i get to Jegs lol.
Skill
Local Neon Owner

Post by Skill »

evlneon wrote:
Skill wrote:Besides you only hurt the ppl inside your ride not outside ;)
quite the contrary.... i was sitting at a light waiting to turn left, with my windows down. some rice-shit cavy comes screamin down in the southbound lane closest to me, so loud made me deaf in my left ear for a couple seconds. :evil: :roll:
i'm gonna have to beg the differ with you on that one. I can almost bet he didn't make you deaf. it may have been loud and annoying, but i highly doubt u got deaf from someone playing their music next to you unless you leaned out ur window to take a peak inside :lol:
RYAN HICKS
She's fast, low, sexy, and clean ... something every car envies.
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

well i got the Max. flow. according to the people its not as loud as the 40 series so thats good. but it will be here in 10 days :D