Is this really happening?

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Diablo0
Site Admin

Is this really happening?

Post by Diablo0 »

Well since the forum has been pretty dead lately, maybe I can strike up some conversation :lol: Even if it is a little controversal haha.
The Klan is Taking Over Fountain Square, Part II
Friday 10-13-2006 1:07pm
As I'll discuss tonight on the show, protesters are planning on disrupting the grand opening festivities at Fountain Square tomorrow because the Genius of Water statue who stands above the fountain is wearing what they say is a Klan robe:
I heard about this on the radio today.... I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Plain Stupidty.... it's a friggin white sheet, the same thing they unveil cars with and other statues. Ugh, people are way to uptight!
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

a statue???? if it had the entire robe and such then maybe but thats just stupid... its not like it has a Natzi symbol on it or anything gosh... and what is fountian square anyways? lol
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Sure it's about racism, that's why they have Hi-Tek and Talib Kweli, arguably the most popular contemporary urban/black artists from Cincinnati, playing a free show for the unveiling this afternoon.

Asshats.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Oh and fountain square is just that, a square with a fountain in the middle of downtown. It was probably the nicest single part of downtown, and our city decided it was neccesary to spend millions of dollars redoing it and moving the fountain to the other side when the money could have been better spent fixing up parts of downtown that actually needed fixed up.

Typical downtown Cincinnati mismanagement, and a perfect example of why everyone spends their money across the river in KY now.

Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Vinny wrote:Oh and fountain square is just that, a square with a fountain in the middle of downtown. It was probably the nicest single part of downtown, and our city decided it was neccesary to spend millions of dollars redoing it and moving the fountain to the other side when the money could have been better spent fixing up parts of downtown that actually needed fixed up.

Typical downtown Cincinnati mismanagement, and a perfect example of why everyone spends their money across the river in KY now.
That it is... there is so much more that they could have spent the money on instead of moving it 6 feet to the left or whatever to bring it closer to the street. How about developing the area between the two stadiums or just bring it an outside company to consult them on what they should do to bring more people down. Like people go downtown to see that damn fountian. No one even really cares about that fountian with everything leaving to go over to NK. Not that it really matters to me anymore since I'm in Greenville now but here I look at what there is down here and then remember what was up there. Down here during the summer and part of the spring and fall season they close down main street every week, have live music, resturants setup on the street and this happens just about every Friday. Everyone here loves going downtown on Fridays and everyone brags about downtown. Up until 10-13 years ago they said it wasn't like this though, there were problems with homeless and chrime just like Cincinnati has but they put a stop to it and made it something that everyone can enjoy and gives people a reason to stay downtown to shop and eat. Every year things in Cincinnati leave, people are either afraid of going down there, can't find somewhere to park or well really... just dont' have an reason to go since there isn't anything there... not even a McDonalds. :-?
-Jason

- Benjamin Franklin
Metal_gear_jon
Local Neon Owner

Post by Metal_gear_jon »

Hell ,I was just downtown a few weeks ago trying to get a job and there was about a homeless person on every street. Which is normal nowadays anyway. The only reason downtown still exists is because all the companies still down there. And the ones still down there recieve tax breaks from city council to bribe them to stay there anyway. Downtown is really nothing to see anymore, despite what type of spin people will put on it. Oh and it still smells too.
'95 SOHC Sport ATX , slightly modded '95 SOHC Highline MTX , bought and sold. Shoot me , I needed the money.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

There is some thing where they are bringing in a private company to renovate some other area of downtown to bring more people in, I don't remember the details but it's sure to be aimed more at the higher incomes and they'll probably fuck it up or get ripped off like they always do anyway. That's one of the big problems in this area, the rich do everything for themselves leaving nothing for the middle (and lower) class majority.

I certainly won't miss it now that I don't work downtown anymore.

Oh and I think they moved the fountain further from the street.

Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Metal_gear_jon wrote:Hell ,I was just downtown a few weeks ago trying to get a job and there was about a homeless person on every street. Which is normal nowadays anyway. The only reason downtown still exists is because all the companies still down there. And the ones still down there recieve tax breaks from city council to bribe them to stay there anyway. Downtown is really nothing to see anymore, despite what type of spin people will put on it. Oh and it still smells too.
That and Paul Brown with the Bengals having a decent seasons these past few years now. Reds were doing okay but seems like no one really cares about them anymore :-? When I worked downtown eariler this year, if I left after 6pm I'd have one homeless person right after another asking me for money. One guy even got bitchy with me when he heard the change in my pocket and I said I didn't have any. I just played it off as thats MY bus money to get home lol.

So Vin... whats this about not working downtown anymore. Where you workin now?
-Jason

- Benjamin Franklin
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I am working nowhere now, gonna be on unemployment again for a while.

Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Do'h... sucks dude, sorry to hear :(
-Jason

- Benjamin Franklin
2mopar
Local Neon Owner

Post by 2mopar »

I thought we only had to see these idiots around Christmas. Lucky us.