Dream Cars?

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

oh now the slingshot is awesome.... but it looks like it would have a 4 cyl. in it?
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I think it was supposed to be a 3-cyl actually lol
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

Vinny wrote:I think it was supposed to be a 3-cyl actually lol
oh thats stupid... 3.... Metro... lol
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

The SlingShot looked good from that angle and even better head on, but if you see the rear or profile shots it looks kinda crappy. It did indeed have the 3 cylinder and was marketed to Europe along with a clone of it with a different name which I think made production there.

The Dodge Razor concept car was really nice and it was almost everything I wanted. It was a pure sports car to the extreme as it was a RWD, manual transmission, 2 seater with no frills what so ever, no carpet, no radio, no A/C, no power windows, mirrors or locks, not even a spare tire. It was pure and raw performance using the SRT-4 2.4L Turbo rated at 250 horsepower and weights absolutely nothing. It looks fairly good, but it's an aquired look. The only things that would have made it better would have been a V8 and different exterior styling since I like some of it but not all.

Here is a pic of the Razor:
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold
Midnight_Rider
Local Neon Owner

Post by Midnight_Rider »

Thanks for the SlingShot pic, Vinny!

I thought that the rear of the SlingShot looked great... at least it did when I saw it at the car show here in Indy last year.

One car that I forgot to include in my "dream" list is the only GM product that I have ever considered buying: the '85 (or whatever the first year was) Pontiac Fiero 2M4. Yeah, I know... no power, engines that caught on fire, etc. but I still liked it. :D
"Gramps"
"(It was a) little souped-up race car. These Dodge SRT Neons are turbo-charged... It's too much power, not enough car... " Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Jason Brooks
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

I was very interested in the Fiero's for awhile, but I really loved the looks of the last generation MR2 Turbo's.
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

71Roadrunner wrote:The SlingShot looked good from that angle and even better head on, but if you see the rear or profile shots it looks kinda crappy. It did indeed have the 3 cylinder and was marketed to Europe along with a clone of it with a different name which I think made production there.
slingshot was based off the smart roadster/coupe, which has been in production and sold in europe for several years now. :wink:

roadster/coupe:

Image / Image
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
RopeRat1
Local Neon Owner

Post by RopeRat1 »

My choice among comcept cars would be the Chrysler Thunderbolt of the late-90s.

The car I've drooled over since I was a kid was the 1967-68 Mercury Cougars, esp the XR-7. I think they're the hottest looking cars Ford put on the road.

My cat of choice would be the '68 XR-7/GTE. 644 were built. The first 358 were 427/auto only. The manual trans available t the time wouldn't live behind that engine. The last 244 cars were 428 Cobra-Jet with either auto or 4-speed.

Jonathan (RopeRat1)