OUCH!!!!

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
neonrtdriver
Local Neon Owner

Post by neonrtdriver »

dude thats great that the bumper is all pushed in but the rear section is like perfect. lol
Brandon Burns
Intense Blue 98 Neon R/T-(Project Srt coupe)
Black 98 Neon R/T-The DD(Project AAR Neon)
Intense Blue 98 Neon-teh beater sohc,atx,13 inch hubcaps FTW!!
oval_eyez
Local Neon Owner

Post by oval_eyez »

i really hate that for ya' man.. I'm sure you feel like crap.. I know I would...

but on the other hand, like they said you can still make money off of it... I'm going to need a SRT engine soon! Keep us posted..

:cry: :cry: :cry:
NEONS.ORG NAME--> -Ed-
| NOW GATHERING PARTS FOR SRT SWAP |
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03SRT-4 »

Well the ins. lady called me today, and they said that it is not a total loss, so I was pretty stoked about that. There are a few more things that need to be done before they start the work, but I should have my car back in about 2-3 weeks. I can't wait. I can't believe how much I miss it.
- Mike
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

03SRT-4 wrote:Well the ins. lady called me today, and they said that it is not a total loss, so I was pretty stoked about that. There are a few more things that need to be done before they start the work, but I should have my car back in about 2-3 weeks. I can't wait. I can't believe how much I miss it.
Well thats good to hear man!!! Now just complain that your steering rack is damaged so they replace it and give me your old one so I can use it to replace my damaged one :lol:
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Metal_gear_jon
Local Neon Owner

Post by Metal_gear_jon »

Damage isn't too bad, seen worse on neons and they still got fixed. You should get a new deck lid , bumper cover, and tails. judging by the pics, your quarters should be saved, but the section of sheet metal behind your bumper where your trunk latch is, will probally be cut out and replaced. Don't forget to try to get that section of exhaust with the SRT tips on it, you could probally sell them. Oh I forgot, SHOOT THE BASTARD THAT HIT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
'95 SOHC Sport ATX , slightly modded '95 SOHC Highline MTX , bought and sold. Shoot me , I needed the money.
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03SRT-4 »

Just thought I would give everyone an update on my car. Today's like the 21st and I still don't have it back. My wife and I went on vacation to Minnesota last week and before we left the body shop assured me that I would have my car back at the beginning or middle of this week. That obviously didn't happen. Now they are telling me the middle or end of next week. It is not all their fault though, apparently they found some more damage when they started to tear it down and had to have the insurance lady come back out and look at it. She was supposed to come on Fri the 8th and didn't end up showing up until Wed the 13th, so that put them behind. She stopped by my store the other day to drop off the check, and I had ever intention of telling her exactly what I thought of her, but that was until I saw her. She was really hot, so I let it slide, hey what can I say I'm a guy. I just told her I wasn't very happy about how long it was taking and how it was being handled. She appologized and told me that it was not all her doing that there had been some mix ups at the main office. Anyway I am definatly switching Insurace companies when this is over. I have had nothing but problems and headaches with them and as far as I am concerned we pay to much anyway. My wife and I are both over 25 and we still pay 160 a month. I think that is a lot even considering I drive and SRT-4. My dad has 5 vehicle registered in his name with insurance on all of them (99 Dakota 4x4, 98 Honda Accord, 93 Jeep Wrangler, 94 Chevy Cavalier, and a 69 Camaro) and he only pays something like 120 a month for all of them and he is not even married.

So who do you guys have for insurance. We currently have American Family, but like I said once this whole ordeal is over with I am switching.
- Mike
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

03SRT-4 wrote:She was really hot.
pics??? :-s
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
Midnight_Rider
Local Neon Owner

Post by Midnight_Rider »

Whatever you do, definitely DO NOT do business with Progressive! They ripped me off for over $1K when my '02 SXT was totalled by an uninsured driver. I fought with them for months and had proof that they were lowballing me (even the Indiana State Department of Insurance agreed but they have no legal authority when it comes to settlement amounts). Progressive stated that rustproofing, undercoating and Diamond Gloss paint treatment (all from Ziebart) added no cash value to the car! What really ticked me off is that the Diamond Gloss had been applied less than two weeks before the accident.

After this incident, I went back to State Farm. During a storm last July, a tree fell on my '04 SXT (yes, I seem to have pretty bad luck with cars- even inanimate objects seem to find them!). State Farm paid for repairs very quickly (I had a $0 deductible). I recommend that you check them out.
"Gramps"
"(It was a) little souped-up race car. These Dodge SRT Neons are turbo-charged... It's too much power, not enough car... " Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Jason Brooks
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

I have state farm and they have NEVER done me wrong in any way, actually when I wrecked my R/T last October, and State farm was duking it out with American Fam and Progressive and just recently I got a surprise 500 dollar check for my deductible which I wasnt expecting what so ever.
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

SRT MAMA
Local Neon Owner

Post by SRT MAMA »

That sucks, that was a sexy srt-4. There fixable though, believe me after totalling and wrecking 2 SRT-4's. I should know, but both not my fault. Hope everything goes your way and gets fixed! so sorry to hear about this :cry:
05 red SRT-4- Mopar Stage 1, Forge WGA(pushing 20psi), JMB Ultimate Intake with drycell battery, MPx 3" Catless Exhaust, and Prothane Race MM Inserts.

05 white SRT-4- Totaled on 4-7-06, t-boned by some dumb ass in springboro.

~Heather~
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Heather, would your old SRTs happen to be sitting in a salvage yard now or do you know where they are? lol
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03SRT-4 »

evlneon wrote:
03SRT-4 wrote:She was really hot.
pics??? :-s
Aside from hacking into the store security system and trying to get a good still frame picture, unfortunatly not, I already tried lol. The melons got in the way lol (I work in the produce).
- Mike
SRT MAMA
Local Neon Owner

Post by SRT MAMA »

Diablo0 wrote:Heather, would your old SRTs happen to be sitting in a salvage yard now or do you know where they are? lol
White Srt-4 was totalled and last i knew was sitting at a auction yard in columbus.
red srt-4 was fixable and is sitting outside right now :lol:
05 red SRT-4- Mopar Stage 1, Forge WGA(pushing 20psi), JMB Ultimate Intake with drycell battery, MPx 3" Catless Exhaust, and Prothane Race MM Inserts.

05 white SRT-4- Totaled on 4-7-06, t-boned by some dumb ass in springboro.

~Heather~
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

I too am a crunched SRT-4 on here. I had someone back into mine with a dump bed pickup at work, thankfully it's not as bad as the others here. I also caught him after the fact when he was looking at the damage right before he ran, but I didn't know that he hit it until I went out and seen it after he left. It was a rented truck and I got the plate number and called to find out who hit my SRT-4, I also have it on video from our security cameras. Mine doesn't look too bad compared to the others here that are seriously crunched, but when your as hypersensitive about your cars as I am it seems like the end of the world if I find so much as a scratch. It will need slight touch-up work to both quarters, a new taillight, a new deck lid, touch-up to the spoiler and most likely a new trunk seal, latch assembly and hinges, so it will cost a few thousand to fix it. I couldn't imagine, and hopefully will never know, what it would be like to have my car damaged that badly.
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

man whats up with SRT-4's and people hitting them? man...