My 1st Day of Modding

Post pics or video of Neons or other cool automotive-related stuff here.
Chris99RT
Local Neon Owner

My 1st Day of Modding

Post by Chris99RT »

Before.....
After..........
Before.....
After......
1999 Neon R/T
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

Don't worry, practice makes perfect..........it wasn't a complete loss. I'm sure it sounds a little better, but basically you got no power out of the intake and you'll now be blind at night with those headlights.

Sorry to be so blunt about it, but it's the truth. You should get rid of the headlights and get some Diamond Clears or the new Depo projectors from Modern Performance. The ones you put on there don't flow with the car, don't fit right, and the light output sucks. The front turns are great though. I'd suggest the same for the intake, I had a friend that put the same type on his '99 R/T as his first mod (despite my constant lecturing beforehand not to) and once I convinced him to get an Iceman, he saw what I was talking about.

I've told you about it in other posts, but I'm sure 90% of the guys on here will agree. I'm glad you're into modding the new ride, and it looks clean (the car), but you'll save a lot of time and money by asking about stuff on here before buying it, we've all done it before and learned from our mistakes, learn from our experience.

Hope this helps,

Alex
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
Chris99RT
Local Neon Owner

Post by Chris99RT »

yeah im gonna add an elbow and some pipe to reroute that intake to a colder spot!
1999 Neon R/T