So my Dad calls me this morning.....

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Vinny
Admin

So my Dad calls me this morning.....

Post by Vinny »

So my Dad calls me at 8:00 this morning, telling me how a guy he works with approached him today and asked if he would be interested in the complete drivetrain from a Ram SRT-10 pickup. Engine, tranny, driveshaft, rear end, front suspension, wiring and fuel tank, not sure if it's a 6-speed or an auto, but it all only has 120 miles on it. I'll know more probably tomorrow.

He mentioned putting it under one of his 2WD short-bed Rams ('84 and '02), but knowing him he will just flip it and make a few bucks snce it is a good deal. Let me know if you know of someone who may be interested.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Will it fit under a Neon? haha j/k
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

That thought crossed my mind lol

I believe in the last book I read, Brock Yates stated that a Viper V10 is only 4 inches longer than a small-block Chevy. Based on the pictures of the ricey yellow SBC-powered tubbed Neon that's been floating around the interweb, yeah I think it would actually fit. :)

Used 2nd gen Viper motors go for $10k+, my Dad can get this for less than half that. I'm going to try and talk him into letting me go halves with him on it, if I could make a couple grand on such a deal my Neon would be up for sale.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

Vinny wrote:I'm going to try and talk him into letting me go halves with him on it, if I could make a couple grand on such a deal my Neon would be up for sale.
If that's the case, pm me. :D
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.