possible atx to mtx swap

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
Howdy
Local Neon Owner

possible atx to mtx swap

Post by Howdy »

is this worth 500

tranny 3.55
used clutch set Non mod. you can just get a new disc.
all the cables pedals,shifter,clips ect..
mtx pass side axle.
mtx k-member
Everything you need exept the pcm. You can use your atx one or I may be able to get it also.

i can get a mtx pcm for 20

but it sound like everything i need for the swap
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Yeah go for it. Try and talk him down saying you dont want the K-member. Instead of fucking with the K-member get the Neongoodies.com adapter bobble strut.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
fusion210
Local Neon Owner

Post by fusion210 »

I say screw the used clutch set and just get a pt cruiser clutch.
If you can't take stuff apart at a junkyard, I think it's worth it. Otherwise I could probably pay $200 or so at a pick n pull for everything.

In hindsight, I would skip swapping K members and just get a bracket welded onto your atx crossmember. 2nd biggest PITA part of the swap IMO was reusing my mtx crossmember. Plus if you're buying this from someone, shipping a K member is $$$$ unless they're just strapping all of this down to a pallet.
Chris
No neon for garage, is a 1999 dohc like a 1995 sohc if girl drives? Or is 1998 if man drives to track r/t?
meredithbagged
Local Neon Owner

Post by meredithbagged »

you say a pt clutch is it heavy or better than neon clutch also i have a 2.4turbo pt cruiser motor same as srt4 motor for sale $1700.00 has ecu not cut