A sad day on Brice Road... :(

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

A sad day on Brice Road... :(

Post by LH95sohc »

Well the Chrysler classic, I think was in town this weekend and they were out off brice doing burnouts last nite. Well a kid that went to school with my ex had a burnt orange Srt-4 . He had six guys holding his car while he went to burnout, he went through 1st 2nd and was taking 3rd to the redline when all you hear is a big ass thud and sparks and smoke just pour from his car, I guess what happend was that his pressure plate warped and his whole clutch basically went out along with him cracking his intake manifold completely. And all of this happend in front of a group of about 600 ppl. It truly made me sad :(
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I was expecting the story end with someone getting hurt, at least no one did that would really fuck up Mopar Nats cruising.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

Post by KB9QDI »

People doing that to a SRT shouldn't be driving one anyway.

More Pic's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/kb9qdi

OLD: 04 SXT Sold
NEW: 06 TJ X
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

KB9QDI wrote:People doing that to a SRT shouldn't be driving one anyway.
Agreed
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

heard about this on the local suby board (amazingly). i'll bet the car is totalled. :roll:
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

heard it on the suby board eh? yea that shit sucked severly, Im glad it wasnt me. lol sux for him tho.
-SEAN

AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

Did it have black rims with a polished lip and no wing? If so, I may have the last footage of it driving down Brice.....there was one that looked like that rolling around with a blue 1st gen R/T with a WW kit and rims and stuff that I filmed a little bit, I was in the US Bank parking lot and there was TONS of burnouts going on all night. There was an old dude in his wife's new Suzuki Forenza that kept doing burnouts until it blew up, the thing smelled awful on its last trip to the burnout box. :lol:
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Yea he did have black rims with the polished lip. You were up on brice too? I left at around 11:15 I was driving my baby, lol but anyways yea I talked to him today and he said that he is totalling it out. Did you catch my friends friend in that mustang with all the blue underbody neons doin his burn out? I was in the parking lot at us bank from like 9 to 11.
-SEAN

AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

No, I don't think I caught that, the only Mustang that really caught my eye was a '99-'04 body style GT that was black with blue flames and chrome wheels with a supercharger on it, and I only saw it cruising through once or twice. I was there with my girlfriend until like 10 or 10:30. I may have saw you and just not realized who you were. I was right up beside the cars doing burnouts for most of the night until my camera battery died right around 10, then I went back by the road for a while and left. That sucks about the SRT, that was a really nice looking car, I got him on tape ripping up the road once and it sounded really good.
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Yea I did prolly see you up there and didnt know who you were. yea I saw that mustang, it was pretty bad ass, I know you saw that viper right? But yea like right before he went up there, he we coming from schottensteins where all the other ricers and ppl hang on the weekends, it sounded pretty bad ass and was quick as shit. But yea I think that he is parting it out but I dont know, I have to hit him up on myspace and talk to him. But anyways heres me and my car before I put my gauge pods in.Image
-SEAN

AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

I think I may have seen you. After I told my girlfriend what happened to the SRT I told her you were there and what you drove and she says she saw your car, so we were there at the same time at one point throughout the night. I know that's exactly where I'll be after the Mopar Nationals now for sure!
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

broke-ded.... (pics from teh local suby board by way of a legacy GT enthusiast that was there)

i'll see if he might have some more tomorrow.
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

holy shoot man. that poor SRT-4.
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Awesome clutch parts...

whatchat get for being a dumbass SRT owner... :roll:
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

AlexSuave23 wrote:I think I may have seen you. After I told my girlfriend what happened to the SRT I told her you were there and what you drove and she says she saw your car, so we were there at the same time at one point throughout the night.!

Yea I bet that we were there at the same time sometime that night too. When Mopar Nats comes into town, we all need to get together for dinner or just to cruise around town. The drag strip is less than 5 miles from my house.
-SEAN