Where can I get a mopar chip?

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Chris99RT
Local Neon Owner

Where can I get a mopar chip?

Post by Chris99RT »

I have a 99 R/T is there a mopar chip for my car? Where could I get one? Is it pretty simple to install? Do you have to remove the ECU?
1999 Neon R/T
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Neons don't take chips, you replace the whole ECU. There are two plug & play ECU options, Mopar Performance and AFX. AFX actually has two versions of theirs, a mild "street" version that is similar to a Mopar Performance ECU, and a slightly more radical "race" version that has an 8100 RPM rev limiter (although most people say the rev limiter is actually 7800, I have actually seen an indicated 8000 RPM with mine). They are very easy to install, can be done in 15-20 minutes with just a basic socket set. Any ECU upgrade will require premium fuel.

If you are interested I am selling my AFX Race Ver. 3 ECU for $300. It's a great part, but I can't use it with my turbo setup.

BTW, changing from a stock ECU and a cheap CAI with the filter above the exhaust manifold to the AFX ECU and an Iceman intake took a half second off my quarter mile times.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!