Met NeonRT, had fun with police

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Vinny
Admin

Met NeonRT, had fun with police

Post by Vinny »

Cool to meet another local Neon owner, what a freakin' night though.....

Tip: If you are leading a pack of cars cruising around, don't haul ass through OTR letting undercover cops on crackhead detail see you blast though stop signs (I stopped).

I was afriad we were all getting wreckless op tickets, and was surprised when they just let us all go. At least I know that I don't have a warrant from kinda-sorta avoiding jury duty for the past year. :)

Oh well, RIP bumspot.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

What exactly happened at the bumspot?
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Well nothing actually happeend at the spot.... We left about 10 cars deep to go get on the highway so this dude Tri could shoot some video. On the way to the highway the guy leading the pack decides to take us all through OTR prety fast. Apparently we drove past some undercover cops who saw a couple of the people blow a stop sign at Vine and radio-ed us in. We got to to Race and a red Focus pulled in the middle of the road blocking us in, and the next thing we know we're surrounded by plain-clothes cops telling us all to turn the cars off and put our keys on the roof. We were blocking both lanes taking up almost an entire block. They drug us all out of the cars, checked us all for warrants and let us go. They were like "you're those guys who hang out at that one place - don't ever got back there" and the one dickhead cop talked a bunch of shit. Except for the one narcotics sargeant or whatever he was, all the cops were actually really cool.

We went back last night and they had someone hiding watching the lot. As soon as we went there the one dude Rob got a call from his police contact, saying to get the hell out. Funny thing is we just hung out across the street and no one cared. They were even still hiding watching at 3:30am when Ian pulled a massive burnout in his Dart. The cop called dude and was like "tell Ian to quit doing burnouts, we can tell it's him from the sound." :)

mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

ohferchrissake... as if there is nothing better for the cops to do in OVER THE FUCKING RHINE than harrass a bunch of kids... :roll: ... i guess the cops watched " the Fast and the Frivolous" too. if the worst thing that goes on there is someone doing a burnout than they should consider themselves lucky. i bet if you got some black people to hang with you guys and sell some crack, there wouldnt be a cop for miles...

oh, btw, does this confirm that the po' are reading CSR, seeing as they knew who ian was already? or am i just being paraniod?
just remember, killer is sneaky... and, he hates you.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I dunno, we were hauling ass through the ghetto, taking corners hard and shit, not wanting to slow down because of all the scary ghetto folk. This wasn't by my choice, I was just trying to keep up. I thought we were getting right on the highway, if I knew we were gonna go through OTR I would have just gone home. I don't blame the cops for stopping us, I mean we were in the absolute worst neigborhood in the city making a lot of noise, and the cops already had dealt with some of the guys in our group before. It's not like they wrote us all bullshit tickets for minor infractions (tint, no front plate), which I was actully expecting them to do. The whole thing was over in 10 minutes.

CSR does have police that watch it, but that's not how they know Ian. The dude Rob that hangs out down there (Narc on CSR) has a buddy named Vince who is an officer for district 1. Vince is very cool, he was checking out Ian's Dart when they kicked us out of Paul Brown Stadium last night, and he came to where we were at across the street from the bumspot and hung out for a while around 3:00 or so. IIRC Vince has an RX-8, though that could have been one of the other officers.

noTe
Local Neon Owner

Post by noTe »

I also heard Mark threw a glass bottle and landed on Ian's Dart?

Yeah.. don't be doing burnouts downtown everyone.
noTe / randy

2004 Dodge SRT-4 BPU
1987 Honda Accord LX-i
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I didn't know that was his name, but yeah, he threw a bottle against a wall and the glass went all over the Dart chipping the $8000 paint job in at least 2 places. He will be paying for it to be repaired, Ian is getting an estimate on Tuesday.

That is the same guy who led us into OTR on Thurs, and ran the stop sign at Vine, which led to the bumspot being effectively shut down.

mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

fair enough. im usually on the side of the police, they have a shitty and thankless job and i know i couldnt do it, but sometimes they do dumb shit that pisses me off, i guess i judged too quickly.
just remember, killer is sneaky... and, he hates you.
noTe
Local Neon Owner

Post by noTe »

Vinny wrote:I didn't know that was his name, but yeah, he threw a bottle against a wall and the glass went all over the Dart chipping the $8000 paint job in at least 2 places. He will be paying for it to be repaired, Ian is getting an estimate on Tuesday.

That is the same guy who led us into OTR on Thurs, and ran the stop sign at Vine, which led to the bumspot being effectively shut down.
His name is Mark and he has a Teal Civic Hatch. Kinda sad that he was stupid enough to do that.

This is why we never told anyone about the spot when we hung out years ago there.
noTe / randy

2004 Dodge SRT-4 BPU
1987 Honda Accord LX-i
NeonRT
Local Neon Owner

Post by NeonRT »

yea in all that night kinda sucked.
Lets ride.
My new home page.
http://www.myspace.com/djacobs25