SRT-4 vs Celica GT-S

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

SRT-4 vs Celica GT-S

Post by 03SRT-4 »

I was at the gas station last night and some guy came up to me and asked me if I drove the yellow SRT-4 in the parking lot. I said yeah and he proceeded to ask me a bunch of questions about it. Then he asked me if I ever race. I said it depends. He then offered to race me in his white celica gt-s for $500. I didn't really look at his car but from the outside it looked pretty stock, but as we all know looks can be decieving. I regretfully had to decline. Even though I know I would have smoked him, if I had lost, my wife would have killed me (literally). Anyway just wanted to know what you guys think. Should I have done it, would you have?
- Mike
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I would have done it if I could have gotten a good inspection of the Celica to make sure there was nothing sneaky going on.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03SRT-4 »

believe me, I wanted to sooo bad, but that's how it is when you're married. They just don't understand this kinda stuff.
- Mike
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

I woulda raced him, I tell you what though, those GT-S are quick, they have that VVTI 2.0 Dohc (for those of you that dont know its like the vtec from honda) my friend chelsea has one and once you get passed 6000 rpm it kicks in, but they still couldnt beat a 2.4 Turbo :twisted:
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

sps20racer
Local Neon Owner

Post by sps20racer »

I would have asked to look underneath the hood and if i saw nothing then i would have laughed at him and tell him to keep his money. You would have a guilty conscience.
Who says neons dont kick ass!!!
jmy93000
Local Neon Owner

Post by jmy93000 »

yeah, i know someone who has one too, they are pretty quick once the lift kicks in, and stock is still making power at 7500 rpms (8400 fuel cutoff i believe), but it would need quite a bit to have a chance

500$ though, shit. He was either an idiot, or had something going for him. My guess was he had a big shot of nitrous.
sps20racer
Local Neon Owner

Post by sps20racer »

One thing my gf made a good point. It could have been a uc just looking to nail someone.
Who says neons dont kick ass!!!
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

Maybe he had a HUGE shot of N2O! That would have sucked to lose for sure....

-Tyler
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

I had a similar experience when a friend and I were getting a bite to eat and a guy came out of the place and asked if I wanted to race. He had a dented late 80's Probe that looked kinda sad, so I knew there had to be more to it. I looked at it and noticed that the entire interior was gone and a cheap APC type seat on the drivers side was the only thing in it except a tool box in the hatchback. We got to talking and he pretty much figured he would lose to my SRT-4, but he was still wanting to go....at least until he found out it wasn't stock. After that he was more interested in trying to run my friend and his '03 Tiburon GT which only has a CAI and cat-back. He didn't get to run either of us and we found out he had some work done to the swapped motor and spraying. He hid the bottle in the hollowed out tool box in the hatchback area and the lines were behind the motor and up into the bottom of the intake. He was talking about how he was at the track earlier running low 14's, which is good, but not good enough for most SRT-4's.

This Probe was laughable to look at with it's dents, steel wheels, faded and peeling paint and rust, but it's the perfect guise for a sleeper, so beware or be aware of what you mess with.
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold