LT1's?

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.

Given the situation, just based on what is told, which would you go for?

Red 1997 Camaro Z28 30th Anniversary
25%
White 1996 Trans Am
75%

Total votes: 4
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

LT1's?

Post by AlexSuave23 »

Anybody have any experience with them? Today I went and looked at a '97 Z28 and a '96 Trans Am. I know the basics of the cars and whatnot, but I'm just wondering if any of you guys know of any major problems they have or what I should look for. Both are autos, which I'd obviously rather have the 6-speed, but that's not enough to make me decide against either. Both also have t-tops and CD players and are very clean, the Z28 is red, Trans Am is white, and both have polished wheels. Honestly, at this point the only thing in my mind that one has over the other is the Trans Am has black leather that looks brand new and the Z28 just has cloth.

Any input is greatly appreciated,

Alex
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Personally I don't care for those cars in the slightest and would never own one with a slushbox, but I would have to pick the Camaro due to them looking less-gaudy. You said Anniversary Z28, that doesn't mean it has the stripes, does it? If so I would go T/A.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

No, it doesn't have stripes, it just has "30th Anniversary" stitched into the headrests. I'm actually leaning a lot more towards the Trans Am just because they're less common, yet more or less the same car. Not to mention it's spotless and has leather, and the owner is a close friend of my grandpa's and he's one of those guys that always has a car in his front yard for sale just because he buys them and tries to sell them to make a profit, so I know I'd be able to talk him down on the price and everything.

I just like the idea of being able to have a lot more comfortable ride than my R/T and being able to slap on a few bolt-ons and run 13's.
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.