I think I want to build a model...

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Vinny
Admin

I think I want to build a model...

Post by Vinny »

...of my ACR! Like a 1:24 scale model. I used to build lots of them when I was a kid and was actually pretty good at it. I already have a game plan...

I'm gonna start with one of the Brookfield Neon Promo models, like this but they made them in black: click here

These wheels painted grey: click here

These seats should be close enough: click here

I'll have to paint the interior, tint the windows, and maybe lower it, but it should be pretty easy. And I think I'll get a nice little case for it to keep the dust off, and even after i seel the thing years from jow I will always have a nice reminder of it.

Anyone else made a model of a car they ownerd?
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

I also used to build/modify models ALL the time when I was younger, and started on a couple over the summer, but never finished them up :?

Painting the interior and lowering it would be a breeze. Just disassemble it and paint the interior (I always used flat paint for interiors) and all you have to do on promos and models that use metal axles that slide through the chassis is take a Dremel or something and drill holes the same size as the originals slightly higher than the originals, then slide the axles in the new holes.

You can't forget the little details though, like your exports and somehow make Diamond Clears.........and a little Borla! haha

As for making models of cars owned, I haven't made a model of my R/T (only car I've owned), but I've built replicas of a friend of my grandpa's '66 Fairlane, my grandpa's '85 Corvette, and have started on one of my grandpa's '70 Cutlass S Rallye 350. I've never seen a model of his '71 Demon 340 or '73 Torino Gran Sport though. :( The Fairlane is lowered with nice rims and has custom paint and interior and stuff, and the Corvette has rims, tinted tails and turns, and some engine mods, so it was really fun to build them.
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.