blue 2.4 coupe in Cincy?

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Vinny
Admin

blue 2.4 coupe in Cincy?

Post by Vinny »

So my my dude Zeke and Amy (03.5 MSP) both have met this guy in Cincy that has a blue 1st gen coupe with a 2.4 in it. Does anyone know who this is? Zeke played with him some on the street and he said it's fast as shit. Anyone know him?
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

Don't know him, but I wonder if he'd wanna sell it? :)

Sorry, I know this is worthless, but I just want to find a Neon to buy somewhat local, every single one I find is like at least a 10 hour drive to it and I don't want to drive that far to find out it's not what it is in the pictures....... :(

So that's my 2nd post in how long? I need to visit here more often.

Peace,

Alex
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Buy Don Howard's Neon, I think he only wants $3700. It's a 13 second car, and comes with probably $1500 in spare parts, including a set of very large custom-grind Crane cams. If it would have been up for grabs when I was looking, I would have driven out to Maryland and got it instantly.

It took me three months to find an ACR as nice as I wanted on this side of the country, and even then I had to get a color I really didn't want. Fortunately I only had to drive 2 hours each way to get it (in Louisville).
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

Don and I talked for about a month trying to figure out a way for me to get it, I have the money, but neither of us had the time to drive either way to get the car sold. :(

It seems every car I find is too far away and the owner isn't willing to drive at all.

Thanks for the advice anyway!

Peace,

Alex
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I could be persueded to go to Maryland and drive Don's car back as long as you cover expenses. :)
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

Haha, thanks for the offer, but I think I'm just gonna wait it out until I find the right car. Don's car is an awesome car, but whatever I buy will be a daily driver, and I think after I ended up not buying his, I thought about it and realized I should look for something more street worthy. :)

I better come up with something before the next Neon meet around here though! I missed out on the one at Keith's and I'm still regretting it!!!

Peace,

Alex
Honda Hunter
Local Neon Owner

Post by Honda Hunter »

My friend jason from columbus has 2 2.4 neons. I am sure that he would swap one for someone.

He owns www.slowmotionmotorsports.com

He is jj07 on neons.org
11 second SRT-4...... bitch