The beater SOHC went down lol

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Vinny
Admin

The beater SOHC went down lol

Post by Vinny »

So yesterday while helping Barry (TooManyNeons on .org) load up Speed Kills' dead Neon onto a trailer, I casually mentioned to Ian that I thought it would be a good run between my new beater '95 and this dude Dan's lightly modded EG Civic coupe. Well as soon as I get to Ian's grad party later that evening they're all like "So you gonna run Dan?" lol Not being the street racing type, I ended up letting Ian drive for some highway pulls in exchange for getting to roll his swapped CRX.

So yeah, first run was neck and neck. Second run which we got on tape the Civic pulled maybe half a car I guess. Didn't win, but I was really more concerned about the car breaking than losing lol.

Just figured I'd share, yeah I know racing slow-ass beaters is a waste lol
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

:lol: by the title i thought the car HAD broke. pretty funny that it hung with the slightly modded civic though. :D
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I was kinda hoping it would win, my old red SOHC waxed the same car's ass with only a couple more mods.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

:lol: NOICE!!!

Had me really concerned there for a minute b/c I also though you broke the new beater :lol:
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin