SRT-4: 2-door or 4-door...which one

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.

2-door
67%
4-door
33%

Total votes: 6
chud298
Local Neon Owner

Post by chud298 »

Who thinks that the SRT-4 would sell a lot better then it is now if it came also in a 2-door???
1998 Neon R/T DOHC: AEM cold air intake, booger racing shifter bushings, B&M short shifter, MSD Ignition blaster coil, 8mm wires, 16 in. Maxxim Rumor rims with Toyo Proxes FZ4, Autometer oil pressure and voltmeter gauges. polygrafite motor mounts
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Even though I would buy a 2-door SRT-4 if I could, it has become apparent recently (and unfortunately) that most Americans aren't interested in 2-door vehicles. Chrysler has came out and publicly said that thy will not be selling 2-door cars anymore, with the exception of specialty vehicles such as the Viper.

Unfortunately I don't think they would sell any more if they offered a coupe, I mean they're having no trouble getting rid of them in only one body style. A coupe might make more people interested in it, but not enough additional people to make a second body style profitable.

Personally I won't own a 4-door car.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
01RT
Local Neon Owner

Post by 01RT »

if it was a 2 door I dont think I would own one right now. It makes life alot easier when you have kids and 4 doors
2001 R/T Flame Red
2004 SRT-4 Electric Blue
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

01RT wrote:if it was a 2 door I dont think I would own one right now. It makes life alot easier when you have kids and 4 doors
I hear that alot. I grew up in the back of a 3rd gen F-body, and if I ever have a child they more than likely will grow up in the back of a 2-door car as well.

fusion210
Local Neon Owner

Post by fusion210 »

I have no vote, I wish they had 2 doors, 3 doors, and 4 doors all with srt-4 models. 8)
Chris
No neon for garage, is a 1999 dohc like a 1995 sohc if girl drives? Or is 1998 if man drives to track r/t?
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

fusion210 wrote:I have no vote, I wish they had 2 doors, 3 doors, and 4 doors all with srt-4 models. 8)
you forgot 5-doors chris. ;)

me, i'd go for a 4-door cause i'm a sedan man, but i also love drop-top roadsters. so i'm torn. :lol:
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
01RT
Local Neon Owner

Post by 01RT »

I grew up in a 2 door car as well but that was before child seat laws. I would love to see a drop top. Also I think the first thing that needs fixed before we change the doors is traction if you have ever driven a modded SRT on the street 1st gear is usless and about half of second. That is why everyone in a SRT wants to do a race from a 40mph roll.
2001 R/T Flame Red
2004 SRT-4 Electric Blue
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I think traction is a problem with all high-powered FWD cars.

Not having any children I don't know anything about child seat laws, but the ones I see don;t look too big to physically fit back there. I really hope I never reproduce, so if all goes well I won't have to worry about such things. :)

suprch1c
Local Neon Owner

Post by suprch1c »

of all the chopped pics of 2nd gens i think they look odd as 2 doors, its possibly just cuz they are trying to turn a 4 door body into a 2 door, but eh, whats the big deal with 2 extra doors, oddly I kind of want a coupe now, my wants for my car change too much