HELP..J/K need some help

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
SOHC96NEON
Local Neon Owner

HELP..J/K need some help

Post by SOHC96NEON »

SO to all you neon owners, GREAT CARS.HUH.. well what can i do ..i just bought it...and i love it im not gonna paint it or anything yet..because it looks fine to me..BUT..take off sucks..what is some upgradew..besides what people always tell me and do they really work..HEADER, Cold Air Intake. and the usual plugs and wires...can that really help...it has great top speed..i love that...but its an Automatic and Sohc...i didnt plan on doing anything to it..I did want a stick but i need a daily Driver..so anyone give me a Heads up..please...Email klreed87@aol.com or klreed87 for mySN..or post a message here....
:D
THANK YOU.....

SOHC NEON Blue with white stripes..the guy that owned it put R/T stickers on it ...but hey they look great....
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I would do a CAI, TTI mid-length header, and either a TTI or Dynomax catback.

www.ttiexhaust.com

Dynomax catbacks can be gto from Summit or Jegs for around $150.

I certainly wouldn't dump too much money into trying to make it faster, it's really hard to make an all-motor A413 Neon fast at all. For as much as it would cost to get it running even low 15s, you could just spend the mony on a cheap 5-speed Neon.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Epitaphrox
Local Neon Owner

Want a stick?

Post by Epitaphrox »

if you wanna trade then we can trade, mine's already gotta shortshifter and a front strut tower bar... email me Epitaphrox@yahoo.com
I'm in Nashville, Indiana and i'd love to have an AT right now...
SOHC96NEON
Local Neon Owner

I dont know

Post by SOHC96NEON »

well i cant do that bought it from a smaller dealer.. i paid 400 down and 65 a week...cant trade...sorry..but its an automatic that is horrible i know..but i jsut want to put a bit of money to put a bit of speed in it......but yea i figured the header and cold air...anyhing else...

Kevin

85 CHEVROLET CAMARO 305 64cc heads-Cam-Pistons-Edelbrock 650 Carbuerator-Headers-Side Pipes

96 Dodge Neon 4cyl well a know now dont you
Vinny
Admin

Re: I dont know

Post by Vinny »

SOHC96NEON wrote:but i jsut want to put a bit of money to put a bit of speed in it......but yea i figured the header and cold air...anyhing else...
Manual trans swap. :)

If you really want to stick with the auto look into a set of transfer gears and a shift kit.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!