HELP!! Please..buzzing sound..

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
BadBrads97Neon
Local Neon Owner

HELP!! Please..buzzing sound..

Post by BadBrads97Neon »

Ok so I am installing my new glow gauges for my instrument cluster because when I was puttin on my other one last weekend I dropped it and it got all dusty and dirty and I couldnt clean it so I got a new one. Anyway I have everything hooked up and the groung wire grounded and the wire spliced into the interior lights wire. I just spliced it into the wire that goes to the rear defroster button because that one has a light. Anyway now everytime I put my instrument cluster back into its place and push it in the 2 things that connect it to the dash..the box things in the back...anyway everytime I do that there is this horrible buzzing sound and the only way to stop it is to turn on the interior lights by turning the light switch all the way to the left so it clicks and the interior light comes on. I thought maybe it was a connection so I un-spliced everything and just pushed it in without having anything hooked up and it is still making the buzzing sound. It sounds like it is coming from the fuse box. Could it be a fuse or something?? Please help me, my car is sitting in the student lot without a dash lol thanks
B_rad

97 DOHC MTX Swapped, Boogers, PT Clutch, Vibrant Dual Exhaust, 3.0 CAI, AF/X UDP, Filled Mounts, MSD Coil Pack, KYB GR2 Struts, Skunk2 Springs, SRT Console, Boot & Knob, Custom Interior, Limo Tinted Windows. Wanted: SRT Rims & DOHC LT Header
RopeRat1
Local Neon Owner

Post by RopeRat1 »

Make sure you connected to the right wire.

Chrysler vehicles use a solid orange wire for the dash lights and have since the early 1960s.

Jonathan.....
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

How loud is the buzzing?
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!