neon rt

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
neonfuzz614
Local Neon Owner

neon rt

Post by neonfuzz614 »

what is the difference between an rt and a sport. i havent seen much difference. i have a base model. was wanting to see what i can do to make it an rt
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

Sport is a rather different model, that is depending on if its a sedan or coupe sport, if its a DOHC or a SOHC. on the Sport Coupes they were basiclly what the R/T was in 98-99. just went by a different name in the earlier years cept i dont think they came with a rear sway bar. also if they were a DOHC with the 5spd then well, its the R/T drivetrain.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Not 100% correct.

'95-'96 Sport Coupes were very close to an R/T, only real difference being the lack of leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and of course the tripes and badging. The '95-96 Sport Coupe could also be had with the SOHC for a credit, although the DOHC was standard. '95-96 Sport sedans did not have the upgraded suspension shared between the Sport Coupe and '98-99 R/T. Additionally, '69 Sport coupes could be had with either disk or drum brum rear brakes.

'97-99 Sports had different suspension, could be had with an automatic transaxle, and a number of other differences.

Read here for complete Neon trim level articulation: http://faq.neons.org/faq/FAQ_OEM.html
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!