16 year old in need of a job

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

16 year old in need of a job

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

hey guys i REALLY need a part time job.... i've applied at Kroger, Meijer, Giant Eagle, Andersons, Walmart, Bestbuy, Circuit City, some local computer stores, and countless other places and no place will hire me... any ideas on places that would hire at 16?
neon boy
Local Neon Owner

Post by neon boy »

pizza place.... :roll:
98 Neon R/T: Indy Intake, 1st gen AEM CAI, Fierro P&P head w/overszd val., Crower 3/4 cams, Crane Springs, Afx Long tube headers, 2.5in dynomax piping, vibrant muffer, afx race pcm, MSD coilpack, Apexi SAFC-2, Aem adj. cam gears, energy motor mount inserts, no p.s or a.c, 55mm tb, tti udp, oil c.c and more to come.
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Whats their reason for not hiring you?

I forget exactly but I thought between the age of 14-17 or something you needed a work permit from school :-? Have you gotten one?

http://198.234.41.198/w3/webwh.nsf/allb ... 180051AF2E

At any rate... McDonalds? lol "Would you like fries with that?"

Good luck, at 16 it might be a little hard :-?
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Midnight_Rider
Local Neon Owner

Post by Midnight_Rider »

I worked at McDonald's when I was 16 but that was in 1975 so maybe things have changed? You could always try a paper route (don't laugh, that's how I paid for my first car!). :D
"Gramps"
"(It was a) little souped-up race car. These Dodge SRT Neons are turbo-charged... It's too much power, not enough car... " Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Jason Brooks
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

I work at Abercrombie and Fitch in New Albany, they have ppl that are still in HS that work there part time but I dont know how old they are.. Plus I doubt that you would wanna drive from the NW side to the NE side, lol but hey other than that Idk its kinda hard, I did work at meijer my soph year in HS all the way up to last month, so I wish the best of luck to you, if all else fails try like steak n shake or some other resturaunt.
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

Im 17 and have had 2 jobs w/o a work permit. Giovannis Italian Restaurant and Long John Silvers. Fast food blows by the way.
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

the reasons (that they gave me) was either you're too young or we dont need you......which really stinks... cause i want to work, i have the time since i'm homeschooled, and i bloody need one lol.... you know what i really think is stupid... car dealerships wont even hire 16 years to wash the cars... that i dont get...i know it has something to do with insurance and such but its just stupid lol...
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

Neoncrazy101 wrote:car dealerships wont even hire 16 years to wash the cars...
they want people with more driving experience than the "just got my license, let's see what i can do in this car before i wash it" mentality..... no offense, i'm sure you're more mature than that, but that's how it goes. :roll:

you try any of the local area restaurants? with high turnover, and lots of people heading back to school/college soon, i'm sure they'd be pretty desperate for help.
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

evlneon wrote:
Neoncrazy101 wrote:car dealerships wont even hire 16 years to wash the cars...
they want people with more driving experience than the "just got my license, let's see what i can do in this car before i wash it" mentality..... no offense, i'm sure you're more mature than that, but that's how it goes. :roll:
oh yea i know...there are a lot of (excuse my lang.) 16 year jack asses out there...

and i've been thinking about the resturants... one of my old friends her mom is a manager at a local pizza place so i might go in there and ask... even though food would be my last resort...which seems to be coming a lot faster lol
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03SRT-4 »

What Kroger did you apply to, because I work at Kroger and they always need help on the front end. I can't imagine them turning anyone away. If they did I would just say go to the next closest one and they are sure to need help. And seeing as how there is a Kroger every 2 blocks it seems like it there has to be a coulpe that are pretty close to you.
- Mike
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

03SRT-4 wrote:What Kroger did you apply to, because I work at Kroger and they always need help on the front end. I can't imagine them turning anyone away. If they did I would just say go to the next closest one and they are sure to need help. And seeing as how there is a Kroger every 2 blocks it seems like it there has to be a coulpe that are pretty close to you.
yea theres one just outside my housing devolopment... and i applied when they needed 150 more people...and they never called me back... so i'll probably try again...
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

definitely call them back. show you are interested.
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

evlneon wrote:definitely call them back. show you are interested.
agreed... you've gotta make them remember you. They probably get a whole bunch of kids in there wanting a job so they all sorta blend together. Call 'em back, show that you're very serious about wanting the job, be agressive... thats the number one thing you'll learn in your Junior and Senior year about interviews and applying for jobs, you have go after them, they usually don't come to you.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

Diablo0 wrote:
evlneon wrote:definitely call them back. show you are interested.
agreed... you've gotta make them remember you. They probably get a whole bunch of kids in there wanting a job so they all sorta blend together. Call 'em back, show that you're very serious about wanting the job, be agressive... thats the number one thing you'll learn in your Junior and Senior year about interviews and applying for jobs, you have go after them, they usually don't come to you.
aye aye aye lol... the only time i'm agressive is when theres a Honda next to me, clear road a head and no cops...and when someone insults my car lol...stepping out of my comfort zone oh well i guess its what you gotta do to get a job...thanks guys... i'll probably call next week... i just re-applied at Bestbuy for Geeksquad lol...