OUCH!!!!

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

OUCH!!!!

Post by 03SRT-4 »

As I was driving home today I turned onto the street by my house. The lady in front of me was making a left and was waiting for traffic, so we came to a complete stop. I look up in my rearview mirror and I see this car turn onto the road too. I don't know what the fuck he was doing because he obviously did not see us sitting there and he slams right into the back of my car which in turn sends me into the lady in front of me. The cops come and talk to us and then tell us to move off of the main street, and the other guy just takes off. The cop goes and chases him down and come to find out he is driving with a suspended license so the cop arrests him. Anyway just thought I would post some pics, they are kinda dark, but I will try an take some better ones tomorrow.

Sucks too because I was just getting ready to sell my car, and I don't think it will be enough to total it. Oh well SHIT HAPPENS.
- Mike
evlneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by evlneon »

damn! if there's any frame damage, it'll more than likely get totalled, and judging by how high and hard it looks like you got hit, i'd be surprised if there wasn't. how bad does the front look?
PHIL | '03 MBP SUBY WRX | '98 FOREST GREEN NEON <- SOLD [img]http://diablo0.servehttp.com/neon ... .jpg[/img]
"Bryan! There's a message in my Alphabets! It says, 'OOOOOoooo.'" "Peter, those are Cheerios."
robert 'bob' paulson
Local Neon Owner

Post by robert 'bob' paulson »

i was just drooling over your for sale post earlier today too. that freaking sucks.
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

Post by KB9QDI »

That sucks

More Pic's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/kb9qdi

OLD: 04 SXT Sold
NEW: 06 TJ X
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03SRT-4 »

The front is just a couple of scrathces and a small dent so it isn't bad. It all still seems unreal. I just took out a bag of trash and when I walked by it I was like DAMN!
- Mike
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

oh man that sucks!
neon boy
Local Neon Owner

Post by neon boy »

that fuggen sucks! :dontknow:
what kind of car was the idiot who hit you driving? how was the damage on his?
98 Neon R/T: Indy Intake, 1st gen AEM CAI, Fierro P&P head w/overszd val., Crower 3/4 cams, Crane Springs, Afx Long tube headers, 2.5in dynomax piping, vibrant muffer, afx race pcm, MSD coilpack, Apexi SAFC-2, Aem adj. cam gears, energy motor mount inserts, no p.s or a.c, 55mm tb, tti udp, oil c.c and more to come.
03SRT-4
Local Neon Owner

Post by 03SRT-4 »

He was driving a dodge intreped and the damage wasn't too bad. The hood was pushed in a bit, but that was really about it.
- Mike
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

How did that Intrepid go over your rear bumper like that without hitting it? It almost has to have damage up under it's nose.
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold
Midnight_Rider
Local Neon Owner

Post by Midnight_Rider »

Read this just before leaving work. Now I am dreading the drive home. Man, that's terrible! You seem to be handling this better than I would! I had a jerk run a red light and total my '02 Solar Yellow SXT in 2003 and have always wondered how he could have missed seeing a BRIGHT YELLOW CAR. Sorry to see that you had something similar happen to you. :cry:
"Gramps"
"(It was a) little souped-up race car. These Dodge SRT Neons are turbo-charged... It's too much power, not enough car... " Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Jason Brooks
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Yea ppl cant fuckin drive out in Newark esp on 21st when I was pickin my car up from Coughlin, two asses ran the red light right in front of taco hell and Meijer almost hittin me and my dad. Sux about your car man, shit I would fix everything myself if there wasnt any frame damage... Maybe its a sign from god telling you not to sale it... lol haha but good luck man shit if I were you Id be buying me a new back bumper and trunk and DIY. good luck man! O yea and that guy that hit me, wouldnt be alive right now if that was me... :twisted: this is what my r/t looked like after my accident... sadly it was totalled... :( Image
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Man that is sorry to hear.

In dealing with the insurance, keep records of everything! Log every phone call, letter esent, everything. You can use it in case they try to screw you like they did to both David and I.

Best of luck.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Midnight_Rider
Local Neon Owner

Post by Midnight_Rider »

Vinny wrote:In dealing with the insurance, keep records of everything! Log every phone call, letter esent, everything. You can use it in case they try to screw you like they did to both David and I.
I had Progressive Insurance through AAA and got ripped off royally. I stopped taking phone calls when I knew that they were calling and let my answering machine pick up so that I could keep the recordings of what their spokespeople had to say. I put these on a cassette and later turned the cassette over to the Indiana State Department of Insurance when I filed a complaint. BTW, never do business with Progressive!!!
"Gramps"
"(It was a) little souped-up race car. These Dodge SRT Neons are turbo-charged... It's too much power, not enough car... " Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Jason Brooks
neonrtdriver
Local Neon Owner

Post by neonrtdriver »

ouch is right man that sucks!! People are assholes!!!
Brandon Burns
Intense Blue 98 Neon R/T-(Project Srt coupe)
Black 98 Neon R/T-The DD(Project AAR Neon)
Intense Blue 98 Neon-teh beater sohc,atx,13 inch hubcaps FTW!!
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

HOLY CRAP!!! Damn man, that really sucks! Hopefully you come out pretty good in the end though! Hell, if by chance they total the car, shit, buy it back and sell it off as a donor car for someone to use as a swap or use just use it yourself ;-)
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin