NOX's all motor project

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
NOx_concepts
Local Neon Owner

NOX's all motor project

Post by NOx_concepts »

im gonna do this project right, so any serious help would and will be appreciated. my first idea would be to just start with a 1gn shell, completely stripped, and then try and find an SRT-4 engine, transmission and axles, that way the drivetrain can already handle the power im probably going to be shooting for. I know im in for alot of fab 'n' fit work, trial and error stuff with fitment issues, but this seems more sensible to me then starting with a non turbo 2.4 setup. bring on all comments. I want all comments, from all angles, that way i figure ill get the most insight from the people with the most fab experience. I already talked to my local junkyard, and they said i could get one of the 1gn shells from them for like 300 or 400 bucks. sounds like a decent place to start, at least to me.
"Pure adrenaline attached to a license plate. Isn't it time you experienced one yourself?" Dan Gurney
lil red one
Local Neon Owner

Post by lil red one »

what junkyard is that?Everytime I go to the local junkyards looking for a replacement body for my neon they tell me they cant sell whole cars , thier not allowed and must part them out!
NOx_concepts
Local Neon Owner

Post by NOx_concepts »

dont know if it'd help you, but its U-Pull-It, out on SE foster RD, exit off I-205, here in portland, Oregon.
"Pure adrenaline attached to a license plate. Isn't it time you experienced one yourself?" Dan Gurney
mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

lil red one wrote:what junkyard is that?Everytime I go to the local junkyards looking for a replacement body for my neon they tell me they cant sell whole cars , thier not allowed and must part them out!
yeah, this ass-tard isnt even from anywhere near here. he is literally as far away from the OH/IND/KY area as you can be and still be inside the continental US. why he chooses to frequent this board is beyond me. he hasnt recieved a very warm welcome to begin with and was even banned for a time just recently. dont bother responding to his posts, as they are mostly just nonsense and jibberish.

and NOX, its muthafcukin DAN GURNEY who should be given credit for the quote in your sig, not this Dan Garney person. pull your head out of you cavernous ass. this is all.
just remember, killer is sneaky... and, he hates you.
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

killer, you call not only building an all motor SRT engine, but also using the tranny and all in a 1st gen nonsense? This man obviously knows what he's doing, get off his nuts.

Also, even though I'm one of the younger guys on this board, even I know that Dan Gurney was a no-talent ass clown who didn't know his way around cars and Dan Garney was the true brains behind the All American Racers.

:wink:
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

yeah, youre right, i hear those all motor SRT4 motors are the fuckin whip, they dont have any turbo lag to deal with so they have mass more HPzzz an shit...
robert 'bob' paulson
Local Neon Owner

Post by robert 'bob' paulson »

AlexSuave23 wrote:killer, you call not only building an all motor SRT engine, but also using the tranny and all in a 1st gen nonsense? This man obviously knows what he's doing, get off his nuts.

getting an SRT motor and building it up for N/A would be nonsense. for the cost of an SRT engine alone, you could get a Stratus 2.4, a bottom end rebuild kit (with 12.5:1 pistons), a top end rebuild kit, header, intake, TB, and still have money left over.

as for the SRT tranny in a 1st gen, it won't fit without major modification and i believe it hasn't been done by anyone yet though i'm sure if it has, someone will prove me wrong. :wink: if he doesn't have any place he can do minor headwork, he certainly isn't gonna have any place to make an SRT4 tranny fit in a Neon. (not to mention a lack of talent to get the job done)
mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

its cool, alex is on the same page as you and i, it was sarcasm on his part...
robert 'bob' paulson
Local Neon Owner

Post by robert 'bob' paulson »

mynameiskiller wrote:its cool, alex is on the same page as you and i, it was sarcasm on his part...
oh, my bad. :oops:
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

:wink:
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.