turbo here we go!

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
lil red one
Local Neon Owner

turbo here we go!

Post by lil red one »

So neway I've been waiting for it to warm up so I can start bolting up this turbo I got from a 04 srt4 to my 99dohc. I know this has been gone over many times in many different places but...I've got the manifold, downpipe ,turbo and all the stck stuff that was bolted to the turbo. I still need an intercooler (prefferably front mount)piping , a cheap but still acurate air /fuel gauge and to run my return line to the gas tank then the black box mod for overboost and that should do it right?
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

What all do you have planned for fuel? You'll need some sort of regulator and larger injectors at least, and you will need the modified fuel pump to accept the return line.

I just got an AEM UEGO for $255 from Injected Performance in Louisville, that's the best deal I know of for a decent wideband.

If you don't intend on keeping your A/C get an SRT-4 intercooler, you can get the, real chep and they'll fit up front nice. I have detailed pics of one installed on a 1st gen if you want em.

Piping you're on your own. You can see if anyone on .org is making any, you can fab your own, or take the car to one of the local shops.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
lil red one
Local Neon Owner

Post by lil red one »

ok got areomotive 1:1 regulator and boost gauge last night now I gota wait til next payday to get summore parts!Being broke sux :x
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Did you decide on RRFPR or Megasquirt?

lil red one
Local Neon Owner

Post by lil red one »

I guess I am going with the returnline for now.I got to see a few done here recently and it appears somewhat easier for a noob and i dont know/havent met anyone using megasqirt yet...
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I see you got a 1:1, from what I understand those aren't necessary with the Chill Factory or newer BEGi RRFPRs. There may be an advantage to running a 1:1 in conjunction with the newer regulators, but I'm not sure what it would be.

I'd get a set of SRT Stage 0 injectors, I know people have had good luck with them, as did the guy I bought most of my stuff from. I'd recommend a Lorenzo fuel rail, and you'll need to either buy a Walbro pump and the fittings to do the regulator bypass and fuel return (there are how-tos on neons.org), or there is a guy on neons.org and midwestneons.org that sells the Walbro pumps already modified.

pf2neon
Local Neon Owner

Post by pf2neon »

Vinny wrote:I see you got a 1:1, from what I understand those aren't necessary with the Chill Factory or newer BEGi RRFPRs. There may be an advantage to running a 1:1 in conjunction with the newer regulators, but I'm not sure what it would be.

I'd get a set of SRT Stage 0 injectors, I know people have had good luck with them, as did the guy I bought most of my stuff from. I'd recommend a Lorenzo fuel rail, and you'll need to either buy a Walbro pump and the fittings to do the regulator bypass and fuel return (there are how-tos on neons.org), or there is a guy on neons.org and midwestneons.org that sells the Walbro pumps already modified.
Yes this set up works. You can adjust your idle pressure with the 1:1. Stage 0's are the biggest you can go without mega squirt?

Are you putting this on a stock Engine?
What boost are you planning to run?

Do you have a 2nd car to drive when you break this one?
email me at: nyg_aar@yahoo.com
always a neon***FOR SALE***just ask
42 OWNED AND COUNTING
lil red one
Local Neon Owner

Post by lil red one »

Yea been a LONG TIME i know.Gota new house and just like the car it's been a hands on project!Was rollin my awesomely pimp 88grand caravan for a while LOL!(cause the cords was shown on the neons tires!In the snow or the rain was impossible to control.)When the power windows and heater stopped working tho had to change plans.
Put some dunlop wintersport m3 snow tires on the neon until I get the time/money to fix the van!I must say these tires rock!With stock suspension I've done light snow and strait down pours on the highway and was passing pickups and suvs.So now shes gonna be a work beater for a while.
By the way it's a stock motor in a 99dohc.It's got 130,000 hard miles on it and has the driverside rear quarter pannel crushed.No structural damage but it will still cost me more to fix than it would to just get another one so Im using it kinda as a learning car when it comes to mods and turbos ect.I don't want to destroy it cause it still drives fine and runs but even if I do i'm only out the 500bux or so it's worth.But for now I need it as a daily driver.