Injectors

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
cincinnatiautobahn
Local Neon Owner

Injectors

Post by cincinnatiautobahn »

When should I think about increasing injector size/lbs?

If anybody has some expertise or a link for some info it would be greatly appreciated... thanks
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Unless you are going turbo/nitrous or running a built bottom end (higher compression), stock injectors should be fine. I don't know the exact formula to calculate what you would need in these situations though.
Last edited by Vinny on Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
cincinnatiautobahn
Local Neon Owner

Post by cincinnatiautobahn »

thanks alot vinny as much as Id like hp in a bottle I havent researched it enough to do a proper install or run a proper system

Im mainly looking at bolt ons / ecu / p and p head
05 SXT 5spd
Local Neon Owner

Post by 05 SXT 5spd »

cincinnatiautobahn wrote:thanks alot vinny as much as Id like hp in a bottle I havent researched it enough to do a proper install or run a proper system

Im mainly looking at bolt ons / ecu / p and p head
The point at where your A/F mixture start becoming too lean for the air you are flowing. If you get Nitrous (bad idea IMHO), the kit usually tells you WHAT exactly you need to do if its a wet system. Dry systems rely on the cars fuel system, not extra plumbing. Too many people want to go fast NOW, and end up screwing their motors and lives up. If you want to go fast NOW, do it right, build the motor, whether keeping it NT or using turbo, but dont cut corners. If you cant afford the go fast NOW part, adding things one at a time will get you the rush you seek, until your butt gets used to that extra hp.
90 TSi AWD, Pewter Mist Metallic, picked up 4-20-98
Too many mods to list, but its fast. **FOR SALE**

05 SXT 5spd, Black/Charcoal, picked up 12-30-04.
^^^^^^
Traded for 04 Jeep Liberty Jan. 26th, 2007.