need new headlights

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
noxneon
Local Neon Owner

need new headlights

Post by noxneon »

ok, so you all remember this, right
when that happened, it broke among other things, the headlight adjustment screws and the turn signal light mounts, so i need to replace both of them. my question to everyone is, what is the lowest priced clear headlights, i dont need anything super spectacular, but i want what i buy to be of some quality. im not worried about the turn signals, so any advice (brand, pricing, links.....) would be helpful.
"Pure adrenaline attached to a license plate. Isn't it time to experience one yourself." Dan Garney
noxneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by noxneon »

another thing that would be nice, also what i really want, is either xenon capable or xenon equipped headlights. i know that contradicts what i said about nothing fancy but i want a TON of light and i think it'd be cool to be driving towards someone and they think, damn a beamer or an acura, and when i get there, they're like "WHAT THE HELL, A NEON?!?!?!", so anyone have any thoughts on this???
"Pure adrenaline attached to a license plate. Isn't it time to experience one yourself." Dan Garney
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Get the DEPO headlights or the new projectors that recently came out, both are available from www.modernperformance.com. I know people hve converted them to HIDs, but they are usually a few hundred $$ and I think you have to cut some metal from the font to make them work with the projectors. The headlights themselves are around $120-$140.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

I agree with Vinny on the headlight suggestion, stay away from the TYC's since they've had problems breaking, and the APC projectors have the worst lighting output.

You should really just go ahead and put in the extra $20 and get the turn signals too, it really does make a big difference between having nice clear headlights with matching turn signals and new headlights with foggy, yellowed stockers.
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

agree'd 8)

-Tyler
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......