new rim and tire size, speedo reset......

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
noxneon
Local Neon Owner

new rim and tire size, speedo reset......

Post by noxneon »

when i get my new rims and tires (225/40zr18) to replace my stock steelies (185/65r14) how hard/what needs to happen/what do i need to do to get the system reset so that my speedo and odometer clock the speed and distance correctly, is it something that plugs in and reflashes some software, or is it some mechanical piece that i need to get?? any help or advise would be appreciated, and wont be condescended.
(1996 SOHC MTX, stock PCM)
"Pure adrenaline attached to a license plate. Isn't it time to experience one yourself." Dan Garney
noxneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by noxneon »

no, i haven't purchased them yet. here are some stats
stock OD = 23.57 inches (185/65r14),
new rims OD = 25.09 inches (225/40zr18), so no, definetly not the same, 1.5 inches OD difference, how do i calculate what off set id need
"Pure adrenaline attached to a license plate. Isn't it time to experience one yourself." Dan Garney
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

Post by KB9QDI »

You need to use a 215-35-18 for best results. This will have your speedo 1.26mph fast and closest to stock without have to go through the bullshit of recalabration. If you go with 17's use a 215-40-17 to keep the speedo .84mph fast.

A 225-40-18 is too tall and will rub on a lowered car along with throwing the speedo 4.48mph off

You can also use a 205-40-18 but it throws the speedo 2.74mph off.

You need 5-100 or 4-100 bolt pattern with a +42mm offset

More Pic's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/kb9qdi

OLD: 04 SXT Sold
NEW: 06 TJ X
noxneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by noxneon »

they're advertised like this:
HP Racing Evo --> Dark Silver [5 LUG ONLY] (Price is for 4 Wheels 4 Tires W/ FREE Shipping, Mounting, Balancing and Install Kit)

18" Wheel/Tire Pack (225/40/18) $999.00

More Like This | Send to a Friend | Check Car Applications
noxneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by noxneon »

so im really stuck with 17's arent I??? but, :cry: :cry: :cry: , i really liked those rims.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Yeah the Neon ECU is not capable of speedometer calibratrion like GM trucks and other vehicles.

I wouldn't recommend anything larger than 17" on a 1st gen anyway.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

Post by KB9QDI »

Call me at my store. I can get you in 17" Rims/Tires for $1000.00 easy with chrome tuner lugs,lifetime rotation and ballancing + allign your car for free 8)

741-6000 ask for Joe

I'm there this week

Tues 8-7pm
Wed 8-7pm
Thurs 1-7pm
Fri 8-7pm
Sat 8-4pm

noxneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by noxneon »

um you do remember that i live in portla............... um i dont actually live in your guys tristate area, i live in Portland, Oregon, but thanks for the offer, and i already have a lifetime alignment with firestone, get it every 6k for as long as I have my car.
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

Post by KB9QDI »

noxneon wrote:um you do remember that i live in portla............... um i dont actually live in your guys tristate area, i live in Portland, Oregon, but thanks for the offer, and i already have a lifetime alignment with firestone, get it every 6k for as long as I have my car.
Portland.........No problem :lol:

I do online also @ http://www.buywheelstoday.com 8)

noxneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by noxneon »

hey thanks for the link, how much would it cost me to get 4 of these ones:
it says that they're $120, imguessing thats per rim. my question is how much would it cost me to get 4 of these with tires, installed and shipped???
mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

here, http://www.neonexotics.com/ these guys run this site out of oregon. go check it out...

and take that ugly ass dog avatar with you. if my dog looked like that id shave its ass and teach it to walk backwards
just remember, killer is sneaky... and, he hates you.