everybody, check it, really does work.....

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
noxneon
Local Neon Owner

everybody, check it, really does work.....

Post by noxneon »

hey all, finally got the vitor egr elim kit and installed it today, getting that damn egr valve off of the block was a real pain in my ass. but anyways, instead of using a resistor for the egr electrical plug i just did this instead
and it WORKS no code no light no grrrrrrrr or any other type of "i dont think so, go fuck off" from the car or anything. I could actually feel the difference in power. seems to run smoother once it warmed up.
"Pure adrenaline attached to a license plate. Isn't it time to experience one yourself." Dan Garney
noxneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by noxneon »

today was day three of the looped egr transducer, and the cel came on for a short time, but not because of the egr transducer. the light came on after the car had already been warmed driven, idle cruise and wot. but the light was because i had also replaced the pcv valve, and i hadn't secured the hose to it properly. to reset the light i disconnected the battery and then retightned the hose on the pcv valve. then reconnected the battery, and it fixed the cel light. theres been 40 miles of mostly highway driving since then, and no cel light. So, if you do more than one thing at a time on your car and get a negative outcome, make sure you check everything that you did before you blame any single one for the problem.
"Pure adrenaline attached to a license plate. Isn't it time to experience one yourself." Dan Garney
05 SXT 5spd
Local Neon Owner

Post by 05 SXT 5spd »

noxneon wrote:today was day three of the looped egr transducer, and the cel came on for a short time, but not because of the egr transducer. the light came on after the car had already been warmed driven, idle cruise and wot. but the light was because i had also replaced the pcv valve, and i hadn't secured the hose to it properly. to reset the light i disconnected the battery and then retightned the hose on the pcv valve. then reconnected the battery, and it fixed the cel light. theres been 40 miles of mostly highway driving since then, and no cel light. So, if you do more than one thing at a time on your car and get a negative outcome, make sure you check everything that you did before you blame any single one for the problem.
In the fuse box is a yellow 'case' holding 2- 10 amp fuses, pull that up but not out for 20-40 seconds and itll reset the ECU.
90 TSi AWD, Pewter Mist Metallic, picked up 4-20-98
Too many mods to list, but its fast. **FOR SALE**

05 SXT 5spd, Black/Charcoal, picked up 12-30-04.
^^^^^^
Traded for 04 Jeep Liberty Jan. 26th, 2007.