mirrors

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
wildact224
Local Neon Owner

mirrors

Post by wildact224 »

Hello,
I am buying a 1996 baseline and it has no passenger side mirror. It had a factory plastic plate. If i buy a manual mirror off another neon what all modifications would i have to do or just pop that plate off and the buy the molded piece in the inside also.
Thanks
1996 baseline dodge neon (400 bucks)
i am getting in deep here
suprch1c
Local Neon Owner

Post by suprch1c »

ohhh i wanna know this too kinda, i have a mirror but my plastic peice was busted when my car got broken into, can that peice just be EASILY replaced??
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I've never really looked at how the morrors mount in a 1st gen, but I highly doubt it is any more than a few bolts...

I just looked at the FSM and it's pretty vague. It just says there are bolts behind the interior trim panel. In additon to the morror, you need the "stanchion," or the trim surrounding the mirror. The stanchion looks like it may be a bit of a PITA to get on and aligned correctly, so if you have trouble with it let me know and I can hook up a pic. Unfortunaterly this has no mention of the mirror delete panel, the only FSMs I have are '97 and '98 and I think they all had pass. mirrors by then.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
fusion210
Local Neon Owner

Post by fusion210 »

I've taken my mirror off, and even put a delete panel back on, then back to the mirror!
It's 3 nuts on the inside of the door. The 'sail panel' (the piece that is on the inside of the car, where the mirror attaches) just pops off via two clips. Just carefully pry it off with a flat bladed screw driver.
You'll find 3 nuts (the bolts are attached to the mirror/delete panel)
10mm IIRC.
Grab a mirror from the junkyard. SHouldn't be more than $10. IF it is I can probably grab you one for cheap.
Just unscrew them, slide off the delete panel, slide on the mirror, put the nuts back on, put the sail panel back on. And you're good to go!
If you grab a mirror with an adjuster on the inside, it will be slightly different. But not too different. You'll just have to grab the sail panel off of that car as well.
Chris
No neon for garage, is a 1999 dohc like a 1995 sohc if girl drives? Or is 1998 if man drives to track r/t?
wildact224
Local Neon Owner

Post by wildact224 »

I am considering turning this car into a strip car woudl it would be worth storing the delete plate for a slieght weight reducion or just go ahead and toss it?
1996 baseline dodge neon (400 bucks)
i am getting in deep here
fusion210
Local Neon Owner

Post by fusion210 »

wildact224 wrote:I am considering turning this car into a strip car woudl it would be worth storing the delete plate for a slieght weight reducion or just go ahead and toss it?
The mirror weighs barely anything and I used it more than I thought I did for driving around, so I say go with the mirror. I would try and sell the delete panel for a few bucks.
Chris
No neon for garage, is a 1999 dohc like a 1995 sohc if girl drives? Or is 1998 if man drives to track r/t?
stealth
Local Neon Owner

Post by stealth »

they look good on a 1st gen