Good Idea or Bad Idea

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Good Idea or Bad Idea

Post by LH95sohc »

Im still in the thinking process about bolting on a turbo. I want your guys opinion. Should I or shouldnt I?? The main thing that I want is my neon to at least 200 horses, and I'll be happy even if I fall a little short. :-k So your input would be appreciated. Thanx
-Sean
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

noTe
Local Neon Owner

Post by noTe »

Trust me when I say this.. you say you'll be happy with only 200... and you'll get used to it and want more.

Just like I figured my SRT would be stock the first 2 years I had it. Well I was full of shit.
noTe / randy

2004 Dodge SRT-4 BPU
1987 Honda Accord LX-i
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

I say do it. My ACR will be boosting by next spring, no ifs ands or butts.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
chud298
Local Neon Owner

Post by chud298 »

I know if i had the money rite now one would be goin into my R/T. If you got the money I say get one
1998 Neon R/T DOHC: AEM cold air intake, booger racing shifter bushings, B&M short shifter, MSD Ignition blaster coil, 8mm wires, 16 in. Maxxim Rumor rims with Toyo Proxes FZ4, Autometer oil pressure and voltmeter gauges. polygrafite motor mounts
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Here's some inspiration for ya:

Local DIY turbo car, SRT-4 manifold/compressor on a stock 80k mile DOHC at 9psi was good for 13.6 @ 101mph on drag radials. I'm basing my system on his I think, with some minor changes to the piping to give more room for the battery and fuse/relay box.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
chud298
Local Neon Owner

Post by chud298 »

Come on you know you wanna...perr pressure lol
1998 Neon R/T DOHC: AEM cold air intake, booger racing shifter bushings, B&M short shifter, MSD Ignition blaster coil, 8mm wires, 16 in. Maxxim Rumor rims with Toyo Proxes FZ4, Autometer oil pressure and voltmeter gauges. polygrafite motor mounts
fusion210
Local Neon Owner

Post by fusion210 »

Vinny wrote:Here's some inspiration for ya:

Local DIY turbo car, SRT-4 manifold/compressor on a stock 80k mile DOHC at 9psi was good for 13.6 @ 101mph on drag radials. I'm basing my system on his I think, with some minor changes to the piping to give more room for the battery and fuse/relay box.
Looks familiar. Dunny?

Anyway, do et!
Unless you think you'll be happy with nitrous.
Chris
No neon for garage, is a 1999 dohc like a 1995 sohc if girl drives? Or is 1998 if man drives to track r/t?