whats the difference

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

whats the difference

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

hey guys i'm wondering what the difference is between buying new motor mounts and just buying inserts for the mounts already in the car? i mean obviosly the inserts u just insert in but are they worth it or should i just get new mounts?
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Inserts tend to loosen up after awhile or not be as solid as new mounts which are either filled or dogbones. Inserts are nice and a great deal for the money but new ones that are already filled or custom made like the dogbones are better. If you go with inserts though, some people permanently glue them in just to prevent them from loosening up a whole lot.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

ok thanks. cause i know my motor mounts aren't as they used to be lol...and i think its mostly the rear one (the one thats like a shock) but anyways i was on ebay and i found some energy suspension inserts for like 32+shipping. so just trying to figure out what the best way of going with it. do u know of anyone that makes solid mounts for the rear?
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

I know someone does but it's called a bobble strut and if I remember right, BoogerRacing makes one thats solid...

http://www.boogerracing.com/
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

thanks
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

OR...you could do what I did. FOr about $12 I did my side and front mount with Windshield Urathane. Autozone has it and it stiffens up just fine! Clean the mounts out of the car and let them dry. Put the tube of urathane in a cocking gun and fill the mounts as much as you want. If the fillings go onto the metal the vibes are real bad. Let it cure for about 3 days or so and install them. Perfect solid mounts.
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......
Metal_gear_jon
Local Neon Owner

Post by Metal_gear_jon »

Filled my front mount the same way, much cheaper and better if your's are slightly cracked. Just clean 'em , tape on side closed and fill it. Be sure to do one at a time so you're motor wont shift or fall out ! :lol:
'95 SOHC Sport ATX , slightly modded '95 SOHC Highline MTX , bought and sold. Shoot me , I needed the money.
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

yea falling out with be a bad thing lol...i think i'll try that urathane stuff. thanks
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

The inserts depend on which ones they are as to wether or not they'll come out or loosen. My Prothane inserts on my SRT-4 are firmly held in place with a large washer and it cannot come out or loosen, but the Rex inserts could possibly loosen or fall out however the ones that were on my '99 R/T never did and they were Rex inserts. With my '88 Shelby Z I filled in the mount gaps with black permatex and no problems, but I only did that because there were no inserts for it.
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold
robert 'bob' paulson
Local Neon Owner

Post by robert 'bob' paulson »

Tyler wrote:cocking gun

:lol:
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

robert 'bob' paulson wrote:
Tyler wrote:cocking gun

:lol:
I buddys step dad does constructiona and what not. He has a shirt that says "Im great with Cock" on the front of it. At the bottom it has a smaller cocking gun tho. :lol:
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......
Skill
Local Neon Owner

Post by Skill »

i've used both prothane inserts and flex sides and firm front. I have noticed no difference at all. The only thing that i have really noticed is that the firm front makes the car vibrate a WHOLE hell of a lot more.

my flex sides and firm front were deyeme.

BTW if interested i do have my passenger side flex deyeme mount (red fill) for sale .. pm if u want a cheap almost brand new mount.
RYAN HICKS
She's fast, low, sexy, and clean ... something every car envies.