Merry Christmas? yea right....

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Merry Christmas? yea right....

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

well... my Neon left me on the side of the road today for the first time...3 miles from my house...and i think its my fuel pump... no gas was going through the system at all...and thats after i added 3 gal. of fuel to make sure i just didn't run out... so yea... anyway of knowing for sure if it was the fuel pump and something else? all day today it felt like it was running on 3 cyl. but i thought it was just the cars age...but i guess it wasn't... ahhh my poor poor baby...and then we had to tow it home using a friends Mounteneer and well...now the tow ropes are locked around the wheels and ahh...this sucks... oh well i still love my baby!
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Ugh, seems like everyone I know just isn't having a good month. Sucks man, hopefully you get it back up and running here soon!
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

I'll sell you a fuel pump. Took out of my car when I thought it was my problem. Didnt end up being it, so its still in good working condition. $45 and its yours....
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

is there any way of figuring out exactly what it is? cause with money the way it is, we/i just cant go replacing parts and it not fixing it...i was able to get the car started and i drove it a little...aka to the street and back and it was fine...but idk
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

With my car I checked everything. My 20 watt fuse was loose and I had to push the little terminals inward to get connection with the fuse. Weird and shitty issue!
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......
TomZ
Local Neon Owner

Post by TomZ »

IIRC 95's come with steel fuel tanks. Could be rust clogging the in- tank fuel pump sock. If it shut down when the fuel was low, and the car now runs with more fuel in it, it's worth a look.
'02 ES, MTX, Magnum swap, ACR suspension
'00 Chrysler Neon SE (Canadian), ATX, G/F's
lil red one
Local Neon Owner

had similar issue

Post by lil red one »

It's been a while but last summer I had the same problem.For two days my car ran like crap to and from work.I figured I would try some fresh plugs and wires and that didn't do anything so I decided I would wait til the weekend to look into it further and sure enough the next day it completely died right as I pulled into the parking lot at work.It would crank no prob but woulnt start.So I checked to make sure it was getting air/spark/fuel in that order and sure enough when I popped the fuel line at the rail I got nothin not even a drop.I figured the stock pump had 110,000 hard miles on it so it was probly dead.
Figuring it was a good time to upgrade I ordred a walboro pump,got it in and it still wouln't fire.So just for the hell of it I hooked the old pump up to a battery and it seemed to work just fine even sucked some water through it for about 5minutes before it died again.unhooked it from the battery hooked it back up and it did the same thing ran fine for five minutes and died.So I took a closer look at my connections and ended up having the new pump wired backword!Once I took care of that I've had another 20,000miles with no probs.Beware of used stock pumps tho!