2.4 swap

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
stetter
Local Neon Owner

2.4 swap

Post by stetter »

i jus got a 2.4L with a srt turbo and i own a 01 rt. i was thinking of getting a 1st gen and putting it in that. but how hard would it be to put the 2.4 in my rt?
Randy
2001 neon R/T
mynameiskiller
Local Neon Owner

Post by mynameiskiller »

is it an srt motor? or the old n/a 2.4? im not really sure if it makes a difference anyway.
Diablo has done a 2.4 turbo SRt swap on an 01 R/T. i believe he posted all the pics. search his posts and you should find it.

also, alot of people have put the N/A 2.4 in 2nd gens already. try talking to this cat too: http://tristateneons.2gn.org/viewtopic. ... ight=#5524
just remember, killer is sneaky... and, he hates you.
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

I've done the 2.4 SRT Swap into my '02 R/T... if you have any questions feel free to ask. You're rather close so if you get to doing it and need a hand let me know and I can usually swing by to lend a hand or answer questions.... only cost you a few bucks ;-) :lol:
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
stetter
Local Neon Owner

Post by stetter »

its an n/a motor. do you have to change wiring when doing it to a 2nd gen? and will the stock tranny fit the 2.4?
Randy
2001 neon R/T
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

No I did a strait SRT motor swap into the R/T so when you look under the hood it's just about identical to that of an SRT.

There are some different stories I hear about the tranny, some say it fits, others say it has a different bolt patern. I can't help you on that to know for sure which is right and wrong... I used the SRT T-850 to make my life easier and the longer gears and lower final drive help out with some gas mileage so I'm not crusing at 80mph at 4000rpm with the T350 3.94 tranny thats in the R/T.
-Jason

- Benjamin Franklin
stetter
Local Neon Owner

Post by stetter »

did you change the wiring?
Randy
2001 neon R/T
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Everything but the body and dash harness. The engine and engine bay harness must be used.
-Jason

- Benjamin Franklin