Just introing myself

Welcome to TristateNeons.org, tell us a little about yourself and your Neon.
wildact224
Local Neon Owner

Just introing myself

Post by wildact224 »

Hello,
My name is Ped and i have a yellow 2003 dodge neon r/t that i got for graduation that is sadly going bye bye with mom and dad's bankrupcy :( but luckily a buddy of mine has a baby blue 1996 baseline dodge neon that he is going to sell me for 400 dollars, itit is going take a lot of work. it starts and runs great but needs body repair and lot of interior work. This ,unlike my brother who is losing his camero ( it was too slow anyways), excites me. I will be asking various question about can you do this or that over the next serveral monthes and have pictures of the project up as soon as possible. This for hosting such a great site and i look foward to part of the forum.
1996 baseline dodge neon (400 bucks)
i am getting in deep here
OHIO_NEON
Local Neon Owner

Post by OHIO_NEON »

Welcome to the site, congrats on the 96 sorry you lost your 03 one though:( but at least you got a good replacement so what all does a baseline come with factory?
-Jim Johnson
1995 Neon
2.0l
wildact224
Local Neon Owner

Post by wildact224 »

Well this particular 1996 neon baseline came out with a 2.0 sohc and a 5 speed manual. Since then it has had aftermarket a/c and stereo installed. It at this point has a few positives.
1. it starts better then my 30 r/t
2. the radio works well
3. it's a neon
But also a ton of negaives such as
1. the paint is peeling and there is rust damage
2. the was no passenger mirror from factory
3. the driver side fender needs replaced
4. the guy that installed radio didn't what he is doing so the clustr stops working unless u tap on it (lol)
5. and so on
But i am looking foward to enjoying workign on it and i will have pictures as soon as the guy i am buying it from (luckily a chrysler mech.) gets done changing the head gasket.
any suggestions on where i get parts online or anything else
fusion210
Local Neon Owner

Post by fusion210 »

I'd rather have the 96!
It's a 5 speed, so good enough! But then again, I like beaterish cars. ;)
Not that I'm knocking yours, since I haven't even seen it.
any suggestions on where i get parts online or anything else
Oh yes, if you don't mind shadetree ish stuff. :)
Chris
No neon for garage, is a 1999 dohc like a 1995 sohc if girl drives? Or is 1998 if man drives to track r/t?
wildact224
Local Neon Owner

Post by wildact224 »

well beaterish would be complement to this car but the main thing is has great potential and have couple of cousins/friends in the right businesses to help me out, Luckily the perious owner is a chrysler mech that i went to school with. Anyways when he gets do changing the head gasket i will build a website so u can track my progress. you will won' to turn him in for neon abuse
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

welcome, and happy freakin birthday for that matter!
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!